Bloomberg warns US jobless riots

Discussion in 'Economics' started by turkeyneck, Sep 17, 2011.

1. wartrace

wartrace

The problem is that you are talking about an economy years ago. The "recession" is deeper than any we have seen since the 30's. This is NOT the same situation your four friends faced when they started their business.

Lets look at TODAY. The residential construction industry has all but collapsed. How many out of work painters are a fighting for the same jobs now? In addition there are MILLIONS of "undocumented" workers willing to do this work dirt cheap which further cuts into business.

You have to take into consideration CURRENT economic reality rather than "years ago I knew a guy......."

#21     Sep 17, 2011
  2. first of all, those credit cards and mortgages are never going to be paid off, so that's no problem.

Today you can live for a year in your house without making a mortgage payment, so that is the BEST time to start something.

My house needs painting, first guy that comes around and asks me about it will probably get the job.

If business is so bad how come nobody can fix my car until maybe next Thursday?

You're the one living in the past.
    The days of jet skis and Red Lobster are over.
    Man that is so last decade.

#22     Sep 17, 2011
  3. Absolutely! These young people are so obsessed with achieving status that they miss the bigger picture( financial stability and good health) and instead end up in a world of mountainous debt, stress, and jealousy of their neighbor's BMW. Thou shalt not covet !!

#23     Sep 17, 2011
  4. I have to laugh at that one. I needed some excavating done this spring, I call this guy, been around for years, he stops by on a Thurs. Looks around and says I'll be back next week to shoot elevatiions and give you a price. 2 weeks go by, I called someone else, he's going to stop by in a few days, the day he shows up, the first guy arrives, they just miss each other.

Now the first guy gives me a price, but now I want to see what the second guy bids. Another 2 weeks go by no price, no phone calls, nothing so I call a third guy on a Sunday morning, he shoots right over, checks it out and says I'll give you price in a few days, On that exact same sunday the second guy calls with his price. Now I'm into 6 weeks to get two people just to give me a price.

I said screw it, I'll wait for the third guy, mind you, I wanted this done and was really not interested in getting "quotes". i had a ball park idea what this was going to cost, I just wanted it done.

The third guy, I like him, so I call him after a few days for a price, his quote is the best, I pay him in full (I trust him, he's done other work for me, I'm lucky to get him). In June he started and almost finished, it's now Sept and it is not done. This is like a 2 1/2 day job.

#24     Sep 17, 2011
  5. wartrace

wartrace

The days of jet ski's and Red Lobster may be over BUT the debt remains.

#25     Sep 17, 2011
  6. ya'll make me laugh. these mofos are in biz for themselves. their biz is collecting govt cheese, and assorted other handouts. its a family biz.

where you been?

#26     Sep 17, 2011
  7. You sound like a grumpy old man

Kids today!

All they want to do is have fun

Sounds like you're the one whose jealous because you didn't have a BMW when you were that young

So now you don't think anyone should have more than you had.

And if they have what you have you're mad because they are too young

What makes you think they don't eat healthier than you did when you were young?

You're just a grumpy old man complaing about kids today the way the grumply old men complained about us when we were young

#27     Sep 17, 2011
  8. How many times do I have to tell you? The only debt that will ever be paid is student loans.

Once a person stops paying their mortgage, it is only a small step to stop paying on their credit cards.

First comes forclosure
    Then Chapter 11
    After that
    It's debt free heaven

#28     Sep 17, 2011
  9. morganist

morganist Guest

Then pension fund default.

#29     Sep 17, 2011
  10. You're the one working for them.

otherwise, I don't try to educate racists anymore. I figure there's no cure for stupidity so it's best to just let them die off. Hopefully, it's not genetic.

#30     Sep 17, 2011