Bloomberg vs. Ninjatrader

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by tenthousandmen, Jan 7, 2012.

1. I've been expirencing the same thing... no bad crashes, just one terrible bug in the strategy analyzer.
    My thoughts also on NT7... IMO it went from undesirable to usable, not usable to great. They obviously are getting allot of business, and I would be surprised if they are not profitable by now... these last few bugs seem to be impossible for them to get rid of.

Any not-in-person WS communication will follow the algorithm f(x)=1.2^x, where x=how many legitimate comments and f(x)=how many BS ego-driven comments.:p

#21     Jan 10, 2012
  2. I know U speak for yourself when t comes to Ninja but I use it(multi broker version with CQG data) for managing my client accts( 300-500 RTs daily, used TT before that). Been using it ever since they came out with NT7 version, have never had a problem with it. Since I don't trade options or spreads, just futures(mainly ES, 6E, NG, CL ) I don't worry about not having access to other markets.

.....my second pick would be CQG platform

#22     Jan 10, 2012
  3. Lornz

Lornz

I retract my last sentence, it was not my intention to be condescending. My point was more that I doubt you'll find NT on a trading floor.

By not allowing option or spread trading, they exclude most professional traders. But, like I stated, it might be more stable now. If so, it might be enough for directional futures traders. At least for non-scalping, technical traders.

It's hard to compare to it to CQG IC, but one must also consider the cost, I guess. $50(?) vs $2000/month. There's no need in paying for something one doesn't need, but NT far exceeded the cost of the IC by being so unstable.

#23     Jan 10, 2012