Bloomberg Vs. CNBC, Cast your Vote

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by TradStSOX, Apr 3, 2008.

Which Cahnnel provides better financial content?

1. Bloomberg, Poor

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  2. Bloomberg, Fair

8 vote(s)
    6.1%
  3. Bloomberg, Good

36 vote(s)
    27.3%
  4. Bloomberg, Excellent

39 vote(s)
    29.5%
  5. CNBC, Poor

14 vote(s)
    10.6%
  6. CNBC, Fair

7 vote(s)
    5.3%
  7. CNBC, Good

16 vote(s)
    12.1%
  8. CNBC, Excellent

11 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Cannot believe someone would compare Bloomberg and CNBC, sheesh !!! Are you guys for real ? Am yet to go onto a floor where the tellies are on CNBC.

Sheesh, only on ET will Bloomberg vs CNBC be discussed. Next is Cessna 152 vs B52

#21     Apr 3, 2008
  2. Used to watch CNBC back when bill griffeth was on power lunch .... now it seems to have gotten even worse. CNBC commentators talk over/interrupt all the time, completely unprofessional. I watched Suze Orman last weekend .... are you serious are people that stupid with their money that they think she has good advise? I could not believe her great idea on how to save money .... buy generic drugs. Who does not know that? Her use of grammar is atrocious that alone speaks volumes (not very smart). I should have a ghostwriter help me bang out a few books on finance then get myself a show.

#22     Oct 7, 2011
  3. I just can't stand that airhead Amanda ?? at CNBC, I can't hear a word that she says. She speaks what she thinks is English

#23     Oct 8, 2011
  4. I remember a few months ago Dominic Chu on bloomberg TV said that KODAK was a really good buy, he said it like 4 times per hour for 2 hours in a row. Since then the stock has plummeted.

Now that kodak is going into bankruptcy I never watch bloomberg TV again, it's clear that they got payed by putting people into that stock so somebody who knew about the bankruptcy could dump their Kodak stocks.

No more bloomberg TV for me.

#24     Oct 8, 2011
  5. I used to like bloomberg but don't currently have it. I watched it a lot through the 2008 - 2009 shenanigans. I spent a lot of time trying to 'trade the news' in some respect. I've come to understand that a lot of news reporters/channels/sites really do spew out a lot of non-falsifiable crap that sounds very technical (Reuters is a classic example).
    If, for example, today the stock market (or currency or whatever) has gone up or down they will state it is for some reason, when in fact it did what it did probably for a number of different reasons or a mixture of many. When it comes down after a relative high it's declared as 'profit taking' but it's not necessarily a fact, it's some space filling noise that the news caster produces.
    Or, a market gaps up a day after a really big negative day but its still lower than where it opened yesterday. So it's higher than yesterdays close, but they just report that the market is up, it's not up, and they have all these bullshit reasons why it did a thing it didn't even do.
    Also one piece of advice I've often used to some success is to fade the news. By the time it's on the screen of Bloomberg, CNBC, Reuters etc, it's already history and the big shots have already made their moves and the markets on a rebound.
    The truth I think is that if a channel really showed useful stuff to traders all the time it would be a very dry and numerical show to watch. Perhaps the newscasters pick up some kind of market emotion that is conveyed to the viewer. On a down day they are somber or conciliatory on an up day they communicate a happy optimism (only to seemingly completely change their worldview within 24hrs).

#25     Oct 10, 2011
  6. I suggest public hangings for morons who resurrect three year old threads that were worthless in the first place.

#26     Oct 10, 2011
  7. 'angings too good for em

#27     Oct 10, 2011