Bloomberg TV & cnbc television channels on computer? HELP!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Catt, May 3, 2007.

1. Catt

Catt

I want to get TV channels in my home office. Particularly Bloomberg and cnbc. How do I best do that? TV card or what?

Currently, on my computer I can get Bloomberg via my internet connection and can choose between US or UK (and other international) broadcasts. But with the cnbc website the TV is subscription service only. I don't want to subscribe.

I am in the UK. I already subscribe to ntl virgin cable television and broadband telephone service. This includes Bloomberg TV and cnbc TV channels. The TV and cabling is in another room, not in my office, where I trade.

Also, I have noticed an appreciable time lag with Bloomberg on the internet compared to TV cable services.

Should I try to run a cable from the other room's set top box and buy another TV set for my home office? Or should I buy a TV card for my computer? Are there other alternatives I have not considered?

All help appreciated.
    :confused:

2. abruzzo9

abruzzo9

There are other options, such as an rf transmitter: http://www.rflinkusa.com. But if it was me, I would run coax into your office and hook it up to a television. You could get a TV tuner card for pretty cheap and hook the cable into that, but I prefer a dedicated screen for video...might as well just get a TV.

3. 1358june

1358june

4. just21

just21

Bloomberg is free to air on the Sky/Astra satellite in Europe. It is at least five seconds ahead of the internet feed.