Bloomberg Terminals

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Gambitman, May 11, 2020.

1. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Institutional traders would communicate via codes in the Bloomberg chat rooms.

Yes, regulators and now many financial institutions do monitor those chat rooms...some institutions make the chat rooms now "inaccessible" at their firms but it doesn't stop a trader from using it outside the firm on a trader's personal time or thru someone else not at the financial institution.

Seriously, we're talking about 100's millions of dollars of illegal activity. Pretend the regulators shut down Bloomberg (not possible)...the illegal activity will just continue via another type of social media.

For example...Telegram. It's heavily encrypted and secured. It's already a popular place for other illegal activities in the financial markets.

https://www.helpnetsecurity.com/2018/05/08/telegram-cybercriminals/

wrbtrader

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    #21     Sep 29, 2020
  2. Gambitman

Gambitman

Thx for your response. I had a question about the news/newsfeed on a terminal. I used to trade in a Bright Trading office and several members had various news alert services like fly on the wall, trade the news, benzinga etc.

With a terminal do you get news delivered in a way that could be tradeable because it was first or more complete than just having CNBC in in the background?

#22     Oct 6, 2020
  3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

yeah. News is released on Bloomberg in seconds. You see earnings reports before they are on CNBC. It’s not tradable as there are others who have machine readers watching the headlines. But for example I bought KCG on the deal news before the bots got it.

#23     Oct 6, 2020
    longandshort and carlaherrera like this.
  4. ajacobson

ajacobson

They are the absolute gold standard. One possible way to bring down the cost is by sharing. If possible look at leasing space from a shop that has them.

#24     Oct 6, 2020
  5. .sigma

.sigma

I have access to an "at home" bloomberg terminal for my finance course. Honestly not that impressed. thinkorswim is way cleaner, for the retail trader at least.

#25     Oct 14, 2020
  6. The best part about using Bloomberg is that you can stay updated with the latest news, and make decisions according to it.

#26     Apr 7, 2021
  7. .sigma

.sigma

huh? How can the latest news help you make decisions?

Does Bloomberg offer privy news or something?

#27     Apr 7, 2021
  8. Can thinkorswim plot the yield curve of the 5y10y20y fly? Can you deal, blast IOIs, and coordinate syndicates on Thinkorswim? Can you chart price, earnings events (incl surprise), key events, and estimate data at once on Thinkorswim? Does Thinkorswim have its own team of analysts across all major asset classes, countries, and over 1,000 securities (BI)?

Literally the stupidest post I've ever seen. You truly do not deserve access to a terminal.

#28     Apr 19, 2021
    .sigma likes this.
  9. let's IB! add me to your spdl

#29     Apr 19, 2021
  10. .sigma

.sigma

someone got butthurt over my unimpressed views of the BloomyTerm

it’s okay mate, it’ll be alright I promise lol

#30     Apr 19, 2021