Bloomberg special on Naked Short Selling

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by flytiger, Mar 13, 2007.

1. I forgot to point out that Elgindy's parents were Egyptian Doctors who fronted Terrorist organizations. On the Tenth, he was at Smith Barney, and sold the only long positions he had, 300,000 in his kids' names, he sold, and WIRED THE MONEY TO LEBANON. So, to take it a step farther, there is this WSJ reporter who wants to find out about this, and he was "friends" with Tony. The article he wrote was a sympathetic piece about how Maria Elgindy and her kids were evicted from their mansion. I was less than complementary. You will all find our eventually about the stocks Elgindy shorted NAKED SHORTED at the top of the market. You owned them.

Much of this case, btw, is still sealed. National Security, I hear.

Ratboy, you're such a dick. But you are right more than you know.:D

#11     Mar 13, 2007
  2. #13     Mar 13, 2007
  3. We weren't sure this would ever get on. There is a tremendous amount of aversion to bashing big money advertisers.

I have to tip my hat to Bloomie for doing the right thing.

Everybody else can kiss my fat dago ass. Except Forbes:p

#14     Mar 13, 2007
  4. 14:09 Massachusetts says subpoenaed UBS, Bear Stearns over subprime research - Reuters

Gotta laugh. Wall St.'s been screwing Americans for years. I guess people notice when their house is gone.

#15     Mar 13, 2007
  5. good work Dip!!! :D :D :D

#16     Mar 13, 2007
  6. Anyone who doesn't grasp the danger in naked shorting is either living under a rock, can't grasp the implications or think that it just may be a fun thing to do it because the big boys are getting away with it.

These are the very same people who still think Bush will win the war.

#17     Mar 13, 2007
  7. New links for Bloomberg story.

If you do not have access to Bloomberg TV (cable, satellite) or a Bloomberg Terminal, or you missed the show, you can view the show now at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fcre8P2UUY

CLICK HERE FOR YOU TUBE (faster download using Flash)

#18     Mar 13, 2007
  8. #19     Mar 13, 2007
  9. They didn't want to for a lo-o-o-o-o-ong time. We have some traction, and this has really shaken some people up.

Just the beginning now. This is bigger than subprime; always has been. The difference is , when you have people on the inside, know a company is in trouble, you can attack and attack, and eventually it comes out that the CEO has drug problem or something. So a guy loses a bundle on the stock, and he blames the company.

Now, people are losing their houses. that they notice. Same thing. House, pension.

Hey, isn't it amazing that given the magnitude of this, and the fact that we've been scream ing for years, Sedona Corp started in '01, that the pension funds and mutual funds have yet to speak up for their shareholders? Or not.

#20     Mar 13, 2007