Bloomberg seeks 3rd term as NYC Mayor

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by turkeyneck, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Not to rain on your parade but could you enlighten us and provide a time frame to which you are referring when stating that the US "used to be a great country"? :confused:

#21     Oct 1, 2008
  2. Bloomberg seeks 3rd term as NYC Mayor

Promises, 'A Terminal in very pot!'

#22     Oct 1, 2008
  3. worst than bush and the republicans . In a few years we are going to look back at the last 8 years and said what the F di the republicans do to this great country . Obama will bring back Americas respect to the world. Hell I was in Canada a month ago they dont even like America .

Obama for president !

#23     Oct 2, 2008
  4. try traveling to europe... ppl i know put canadian stickers on their bags or say theyre canadian bc theres a great deal of distaste for americans.

#24     Oct 2, 2008
  5. For true greatness, pre JFK. Started a downhill slide during the 60's and has went south ever since. (Yes I am that old)
    I will admit it's more than a little subjective to evaluate greatness in their country. That's just my opinion.

#25     Oct 2, 2008
  6. Oh yes US during Jim Crow laws. Good old times.

#26     Oct 2, 2008
  7. ScottD

ScottD

America must WAKE UP: Both the Republicans and the Democrats have inflicted great harm on our country.

Our founding fathers are rolling over in their graves.

Both parties should be ashamed.

Either McCain or Obama will continue the problem and make it worse.

The pathetic question before Americans on November 4: Which candidate will do less harm?

#27     Oct 2, 2008
  8. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7687837.stm
    Yeah! There is some justice after all - Bloomberg is allowed to run for a new term.
    Make exceptions and throw away the laws, a new "democratic justice" is coming to town...
    :D

The billionaire businessman had asked for the law to be overturned.

He said the financial crisis on Wall Street and his record as mayor meant he deserved the chance to re-run.

The 51-member city council supported the change by 29 votes to 22.

Next up is president Bush...
    Given the turmoil, and enemies of the US crouching up on it now - there needs to be an "emergency extension."

#28     Oct 23, 2008
  9. Yes sir.

You are 100% correct about that one! :eek:

#29     Oct 23, 2008
  10. Daal

Daal

next step he will pass a law for posthumous terms so he can serve a 4th time

#30     Oct 23, 2008