Bloomberg Radio

Discussion in 'Trading' started by oldtime, Jun 21, 2012.

1. If you regularly keep CNBC or Bloomberg tv on in the background, you may like Bloomberg Radio (especially when Cramer is on). The interviews are a little longer and they seem to manage their time a little better. You can listen live on the internet, and mute the tv.

2. sorry there moderator, duplicate, no big deal, I don't expect many replies, but you can delete one of them

3. just21

just21

I think Bloomberg radio is very good, much more intelligent than financial tv.

4. yeah, I've always kind of been a radio guy. Out where I live my only connection to the real world was NPR where I first heard John Coltrane, and all the am 50k watt blowtorches where I could hear baseball all the way from New York to Atlanta to Minneapolis to St Louise.

I didn't buy my first TV untill 2002. At first it was fun, I watched all the Seinfeld reruns which I had never seen.

But I like radio, because you can imagine who the people are, instead of seeing how actually goofy they look.

5. well, I gotta go, it's 4 pm est. I always watch Neil Cavuto on Fox. He is so simple, wouldn't it be nice if the world was a simple as he thinks it is?

6. dealmaker

dealmaker

Are you kidding I mute the tv whenever Cramer opens his big mouth, afterall he did recommend Bear to buy the day before it went under;
    of-course he wasn't buying with his money...

7. ??? did you somehow lose it all in the translation?

No, I am not kidding

Try going back to school and take a reading comprehension course

If you are a father, maybe they will let you sit in with your daughter in her second grade class for a reduced fee

8. dealmaker

dealmaker

Very mature of you...

9. rickf

rickf

+1 to Bloomberg Radio.

I particularly enjoy Tom Keane and Ken Prewitt in the mornings on my commute to the office. I can honestly say I've learned some stuff and gained insights from their show, guests[1], commentary, and interviews. And there's a good dose of intelligent snark as well.

The only thing I hate is the radio network's constantly-repeated and overtly egotistical motto of "there's ABSOLUTELY no alternative" and how they refer to market moves in percentage points -- ie, "the S&P fell point two percent after being up point five percent." On the radio, it's easier to say "the S&P fell 5 points after being up 8 points earlier" --- but of course, when you move more than 1 percent, THEN go ahead and use percentages, because then you can presume, maths aside, that it was a pretty big move. :)

But otherwise, yeah. I'll take Bloomberg Radio over CNBC *any* day of the week. Or Bloomberg TV, for that matter --- so much more competent and non-sensational/infotainy than the Comical Network for Business Coverage.

[1] Most of their guests don't seem to be talking their books, which is nice.

10. Bloomberg is good, and I find that I can also use livetvcafe.net as well. Keep a small screen running on my PC.

#10     Jun 22, 2012