Bloomberg professional?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by acerbits, May 15, 2007.

1. Does anyone have experience with it? is it basically a news service with analytics? can you put trades through it?

2. gkishot

gkishot

3. eraci

eraci

Most banks uses this system. I used on a daily basis. However, it is kind of clumsy to enter trades on. I'd say the main value it brings is the readiness of all types of data. That is, _ALL_ types of data that you want to access is within a few key strokes. Their UI isn't too pretty, however the speed is awesome. I heard that they have 1 CPU dedicated for each client connection.

-eraci-

4. so it's just a thing to use for getting data? as in news and financial statements?

5. eraci

eraci

Yes and more.

6. dtan1e

dtan1e

there r a few services u can subscribe to, one is the news info, also has stuff like worksheets that u can enter your positions & save so it updates your MTM real time, then there is one call the Portfolio something that is like a trades recording system plus allows u to trade direct /w counterparties that also has bloomberg /w that service, the services coverage depends on what u subscribe to, mainly for equities & fixed income, but they r adding more & more stuffs by the day, support is fantastic, all this doesn't come cheap of course !!:D :D