Bloomberg prepared to spend $1 billion on White House run....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JayS, May 15, 2007.

1. insanity? if you are a smoker you consider him insane. if you dont smoke, you love him. having clean air to breathe in restaurants, bars and nightclubs is a good thing.

when he first came out with the smoking ban, everyone criticized him in new york. now everyone loves the smoking ban and many major cities around the world are following his footsteps.

#11     May 15, 2007

2. That's not true....if you become a war hero, you've got a pretty good shot at getting elected.

#12     May 15, 2007
  3. he actually does care about the little guy. bloomberg did not come from a blue blooded wealthy family. he came from a blue collar family and he is a self-made man, unlike so many other candidates.

dont hate on him just because he is a billionaire. the main reason why i love bloomberg is because i toured his company bloomberg lp back in college.
    at bloomberg, all the employees are treated extremely well. they all get free food and drinks, no matter the department (every floor has a huge free pantry). there were no job titles (analyst, associate, VP, MD) because he felt that people should be known by their names, not titles.

everyone had the same desk and chair (to promote equality). and no one had their own office. bloomberg himself had the same wooden desk out in the middle of the floor as everyone else. he did not have a big private office like most CEO's.

unfortunately i didnt manage to get a job at bloomberg LP but i still havent forgotten how well he treated his employees and the culture of equality that was highly evident in their office.

#13     May 15, 2007
  4. "We cannot repeat the mistakes of the past. We cannot drive people and business out of New York. We cannot raise taxes." - Bloomberg, 2002 inaugural address.

And so he raised property taxes 18%. Poverty in NYC is at 19% unchanged from 2001 levels. Supports stricter gun laws and same sex marriage.

Republican?
    :confused:

#14     May 15, 2007
  5. I love Bloomie...unlike the Bush administration and its goons, he has so much money he can't be bought because he can already buy himself anything he could want. I love it

#15     May 15, 2007
  6. I guess you don't agree with personal properties rights.

#16     May 15, 2007

7. Oh I don't hate him for beeing a billionare. But as you saw with bush and kerry, you gotta be a skull & bones member to get ahead, to be Bilderberg member, and a general all-round neo con.

If you think he will be different than any 'leader', if you think that your vote is worth more than the billion dollar phrama/oil/defense lobby industry, then more power to ya.

#17     May 15, 2007
  8. The right to kill through secondhand smoke? You don't have the right, fucko.

#18     May 15, 2007
  9. Right. Destroying the party from within.

#19     May 15, 2007
  10. doublea

doublea

Not true anymore......Dole lost to Clinton, and Kerry lost to Bush!!!!

#20     May 15, 2007