Bloomberg: Obama authorized AIG bonuses

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by power, Mar 19, 2009.

1. jd7419

jd7419

Because some employees had a bigger book and took on more risk than others. Do you really not know the answer to these silly questions. Go do something productive like watching the John Stewart show.

#31     Mar 19, 2009
  2. I think I see where you're going. Paying bonuses to those people screws nobody but the shareholders (taxpayers in this case).

But at the same time paying the bonus helps retain valuable employees, therefore increasing shareholder value. The deadweight are those employees receiving a bonus who don't deserve it based on high performance.

#32     Mar 19, 2009

3. To me it sounded like the panel was laying the ground work for more capital injections. On member said “so if AIG were to go bankrupt it would have disastrous effects on the world economies, am I to understand you may need more money “

#33     Mar 19, 2009
  4. LOL. I thought capitalism meant choose the best opportunity. In this case that means take the most lucrative contract. They could go work somewhere else, but chose instead to sign a contract offering them X$ to stay until Y date. It was the best opportunity.

#34     Mar 19, 2009
  5. More disastrous than the couple hundred billion from the Govt that these stupid employees caused in losses?

#35     Mar 19, 2009
  6. Following a performance review they're cutting his annual salary to 50 cents.

#36     Mar 19, 2009
  7. BINGO......you have awakened to the fallacies of the CON JOB left/right two party paradigm TRAP! BOTH parties have been corrupted and compromised to their core.....there are only a few politicians left that still fight for a return to a CONSTITUTIONAL direction for our country!

I supported one for president.....RON PAUL! :cool:

There is NO BLOOD on my hands from the last globalist minion presidential race....and for those that voted into THEIR GAME, look what you have been left with!!! :eek: Just more of the SAME "continuity of administrations" unconstitutional activities, as the globalist influenced manipulation of our current corrupt leaders races us towards FINANCIAL OBLIVION!!! :mad:

#37     Mar 19, 2009
  8. power

power

Barack Obama is the leader. He is 100% responsible for the actions of his team members. The bill could not have been authorized without "Obama's final signature".

I agree, there is high possibilty that the team members make their own decisions and do not give importance or consult Barack Obama. They think Obama is a puppet.

#38     Mar 20, 2009
  9. power

power

What I mean, why the need for AIG in the first place. AIG is bankrupt and USA should shut down AIG.

AIG executives are multi-millionaires. They can survive with "zero salary" for many years.

#39     Mar 20, 2009
  10. mtwokay

mtwokay

Someone is behind the curtain with a teleprompter keyboard. Whatever the teleprompter says, he speaks.

#40     Mar 20, 2009