Bloomberg: Morgan Stanley Sets Aside 72% of Revenue for Employees’ Pay

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by PragmaticIdeals, Jul 22, 2009.

1. This is the endgame for those at the top.

Its a mad scramble to get that last dollop of richesse and what's left before public outrage translates into heavy-handed intervention, regulation, and controls which made the financial industry a backwater for the next 20 years.

Will it happen? Who knows. But given that long term in this market is 6 months, you might as well get while the getting is good.

#11     Jul 22, 2009
  2. Illum

Illum

Yea this, I haven't been around long but I have seen just about zero respect for stockholders in the market. I don't know why people would buy and hold.

#12     Jul 22, 2009
  3. Is your mind so entrenched in dogma that you are unable to grasp the possibility that GS and MS is (legally) playing both the stock market and the tax payer like a fiddle?

They know as long as they can use the excuse of competitive salaries and make large profits, the game will go on and their stock price won't be overtly affected because the stock market for companies like these is nothing more than a ponzi scheme and the most knowledgeable win and the least knowledgeable lose.

Look at Lehman's. Right up until the year before they failed, they were paying extravagant and unsustainable and non-optimal salaries. Then they went bankrupt and the shareholders took the whole lose. Of course, most of those shareholders were likely the less sophisticated and non-insiders.

The same thing is going to happen to MS. GS I don't really know, since the Fed / Treasure / President is firmly captured by the firm at the moment, so anything is possible (barring public outrage).

#13     Jul 23, 2009
  4. Over 90% of people opposed the bailouts. When it came to AIG bailout, which is a backdoor payout for Morgan, JPM, Goldman, etc,, Paulson simply forced the decision through

Not so dumb when u think about it. He and his cronies get huge payouts, then firm blows up, government bails them out with billions upon billions and a year later, Mack & his cronies get even bigger payouts.

#14     Jul 23, 2009