Bloomberg is a commie

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, May 31, 2012.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

You are forgetting that free thinker actually WANTS a nanny state.

#51     May 31, 2012
  2. wjk

wjk

Actually, this is happening with many products, though not to defeat nanny state regulation, but to maintain profitability in the face of inflation. The thing is, the size goes down but the retail price doesn't. I wonder how many people even check the weight on the label of the everyday products they purchase.

#52     May 31, 2012
  3. anger does not solve problems. it only clouds your vision. when/if you ever do grow up you will understand.

#53     May 31, 2012
  4. wjk

wjk

+1

I hate giving up any freedom because of the irresponsibility of others. While holding this belief, I also don't want to bear the cost incurred by such irresponsibility. I would prefer to see issues like this dealt with through education rather than the force of government.

#54     May 31, 2012
  5. Following this line of logic, are the supermarkets going to be outlawed from selling 2 liter bottles of soda?...and eventually all soda products will be stripped from the shelves. Granted, some states already have a "soft drink tax", just like a "cigarette tax" with a bunch of left wing asshats like yourself trumpeting all the benefits of taxing toxicity and supporting some other social safety net program.

The reality is that the state's that charge all sorts of "sin taxes" are the states with the most desperate need for cash. It's just a ploy that convinces idiots such as yourself that they actually "care".

#55     May 31, 2012
  6. Yes, it implies that Free Thinker was wearing diapers into adolescence.

#56     May 31, 2012
  7. you prefer education? iwould too. but who doesnt already know that a 32oz soda is bad for you or even that illegal drugs are bad for you. some people are just stupid and need someone to set rules for them.

#57     May 31, 2012
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yes but who decides who is stupid and what the rules are. Hitler thought the Jews were stupid and he had some "laws" to deal with that issue. Come on man, choose liberty over government control, you'll be a lot happier.

#58     May 31, 2012
  9. wjk

wjk

The gov will set those rules so that we are also subject to them. What are you willing to give up because of the stupidity of others?

I count my calories and I train religiously. I'm in superb shape for my 53 years of age. I do, however, enjoy breaking my diet on occasion. Explain to me why I should be denied a soda because someone else was too stupid to stop drinking them before they made that individual fat.

What do you propose we do about stupid people behind the wheel? Shall we outlaw cars? How about dealing with the people that have problems using their freedoms responsibly rather than punishing us all?

#59     May 31, 2012
  10. Ricter

Ricter

I agree with his principle but your application. That is, freedom has to be regulated at times, obviously, but not in this case.

#60     May 31, 2012