Bloomberg is a commie

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, May 31, 2012.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

That's actually an intelligent point. Most restaurants use soda to keep the food costs down for the consumer since they mark up the price of the soda. If they have tighter margins on soda then food costs will go up in response. Once again, the consumer loses.

#41     May 31, 2012
  2. Arnie

Arnie

Im guessing they will come out with a 15.9 oz size if this passes.

#42     May 31, 2012
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

I agree. It really comes down to whether you think parents should be responsible for their children or should the government. Yes, I agree there are bad parents out there but where do we draw the line? I think it's very scary to think we have turned over our kids to the control of the government.

#43     May 31, 2012
  4. Brass

Brass

Yeah, but everyone's a winner with super-sized soda. Imagine how much the economy would improve if only they could make them even bigger. Importantly, the really big gulp sizes only appeal to the people who have a control problem with them and are going to die anyway, sooner rather than later. Aside from the pesky associated and bloating health costs, does win-win get any better for you?

#44     May 31, 2012
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Freedom, security. They exist and must continue to exist in a "dynamic tension". If either one entirely wins, we all lose.

#45     May 31, 2012
  6. I understand kids need to be protected from abusive parents, and there are laws in place to protect them. But being fat is not necessarily the result of bad parenting and it would be more than a stretch to define letting your son/daughter drink super-size soda as abusive. The govt should not concern itself with how people raise their children, or we shouldn't let them.

The major issue here is that now an adult won't be able to order such a drink if they so choose, and that is just flat out ridiculous.

Also, to add to the point you guys made about these regs costing companies more/decreasing margins, who is going to be enforcing the ban? Right, more bureaucrats which = more spending lol. Over soft drinks.. how stupid. this whole line of thinking, and the politicians who put it into practice, need to be discarded.

#46     May 31, 2012
  7. What does this have to do with security?

#47     May 31, 2012
  8. So a woman is free to get an abortion anytime, anywhere. If she wants a smoke while waiting, no can do. She can call Ms. McCain a fat pig and suggest she kill herself, just don't be drinking a super sized soda while doing it. Call Bush a f'n Nazi and war criminal, no problem. Ask Obama a question, any question that puts him on the spot, you're a racist bastard. Ask someone for an ID card to vote, OMG you're violating all kinds on voting laws. Stand fast with the Black Panthers intimidating voters at the polling place? Hey, it's just a couple guys hanging around.
    You'll excuse me if I don't trust, want, or need a government this Schizo telling me what's right or wrong in my personal life.

#48     May 31, 2012
  9. you mentioned you drank a lot of soda as a kid but it did not affect you. that might be questionable considering you anger issues.

#49     May 31, 2012
  10. LOL! Anyone who isn't angry over the current state of affairs in this country is too stupid to be taken seriously.

#50     May 31, 2012