Bloomberg is a commie

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, May 31, 2012.

1. Brass

Brass

How very sequential of you.

#31     May 31, 2012
  2. Which is a major problem with nationalized healthcare.. no?

Some of you guys continue to impress me with your authoritarian/fascist approach to everything. If you think the policy in the article is a good idea you simply don't value freedom. Where does this line of thinking end? i guarantee that just about everyone has some type of unhealthy habit. kids have parents and it is the parents responsibility to care for their child, not the governments. And adults don't need a fucking parent, they are responsible for themselves.

#32     May 31, 2012
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

That is an excellent point, and one I had not considered.

#33     May 31, 2012
  4. Just yakking but Imo, super sized drinks are profitable plus selling them raises the dollar value per customer sale.

Now if the retailer can only sell 16oz drink the retailer is going to have a lower dollar volume in sales.

Suppose he still sells 2 - 16 oz drinks as opposed to one 32 oz or a 40oz drink, it's an extra cup lid and straw.

Indirectly a gov't reg has cut into sales and raised the cost of that sale if soda volume remains the same.

#34     May 31, 2012
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Thank you. I really miss riding without a helmet! I've actually given it up for that reason. :(

#35     May 31, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

We don't have a gun problem. We have a criminal problem, thanks mostly to liberal welfare policies and their refusal to execute the career criminals it helps to produce.

#36     May 31, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

LOL you ARE a fucking moron.

#37     May 31, 2012
  8. i think fruit juice is exempt but doesn't that have as much sugar as soda?? Although maybe bloomy is figuring since nobody buys giant fruit juices, no need to regulate perhaps..

"All of these beverages are largely the same. They are 100 percent sugar," Dr. David Ludwig, an expert on pediatric obesity at Children's Hospital Boston, said recently. "Juice is only minimally better than soda."

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-204_162-673229.html

[​IMG]

#38     May 31, 2012
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

EXACTLY!

#39     May 31, 2012
  10. Brass

Brass

Yeah, laissez-faire is handling the job admirably. You're always ready to offer an Invisible Hand to anyone who needs one.

#40     May 31, 2012