Bloomberg is a commie

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, May 31, 2012.

1. Brass

Brass

I refer to the Right Wing, to which you adhere, despite your protestations. As for the "democratic party" supporting Stalin's social and labor policies, are you really that daft? Really?!

#21     May 31, 2012
  2. I drank so much soda as a kid it came out of my f'n ears and I was fit as a fiddle. Get these kids off their ass and back on the playground, and the obesity epidemic will be gone in a blink. Of course, little Johhny may get a cut or a bruise along the way and we can't have that, now can we?

#22     May 31, 2012
  3. Brass

Brass

True. It is a multi-pronged problem. One that requires addressing and a bit more cooperation from flag-waving chest-thumpers.

#23     May 31, 2012
  4. you cant overcome a bad diet with exersize. the amount of exersize needed to absorbe the excess calories from most diets in america is not doable for most people.

#24     May 31, 2012
  5. you can't single out a single 'bad' product like that. You can literally make up 1000's of rules in the name of good health.

Supermarkets can only have 1 aisle dedicated to 'junk' food.

Hot dog vendors can only sell 1 hot dog per person at a time

No toys in happy meals

1 fast food chain per 3 city blocks

2 doughnuts max per customer.

LOL, this is so stupid.

#25     May 31, 2012
    #26     May 31, 2012
  7. Brass

Brass

Not as readily as the "food" items that are the topic of this discussion.

What, exactly, are you defending anyway, with your outrage? The right to lack common sense? Who would be hurt by the common sense initiative?

#27     May 31, 2012
    #28     May 31, 2012
  9. Ricter

Ricter

I'm afraid I still hold my American point of view on this. The difference in attitude was really brought home to me when I moved to Canada, which I soon began calling a nation of "safety sissies" (don't get me wrong, Canada is awesome). Recently I've eased up a bit and begun to think Canada's position probably has something to do with national healthcare. That is, if society is going to pay for your head injuries, society can make a helmet law, etc.

#29     May 31, 2012
  10. I'm defending my right, our right, to tell this bullshit government we have some real problems need solving. This is non-sense.

#30     May 31, 2012