bloomberg hack for news

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by chs245, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Few traders in ET said it's $1200/month, are you using differnet version and features? I have never used it yet

How does one benifit from BB news? Is bloomberg news used by intraday traders or longer-term traders?

#21     Mar 23, 2006
  2. 1000

If you don't like Chinese, or cannot read it, and you are not a speed reader, or have a tendency to go to sleep, don't get it for news, you are wasting your money.

BB news is only useful if filtered to your specific needs. And in that respect (i.e. if that is all you want it for) you're wasting your money. In this case I would rather spend that cash on trading.

To filter the news, you need to ask for the symbol/code/ticker. BB will set the filter for you.

If you want to view the info over two or more machines, just use a web cam, and point it at the screen. You don't even need to write an API:p

#22     Mar 23, 2006
  3. Open an account at Scottrade and get free dow jones news and watch bloomberg TV.

YOu get both covered for nothing.

#23     Mar 23, 2006
  4. Frege

Frege

#24     Mar 23, 2006
  5. Frege

Frege

Why?

#25     Mar 23, 2006
  6. Frege

Frege

I suppose we all can watch Bloomberg TV via the net? But what we need is a newsfeed which gives us the news BEFORE the price moves. When you see/hear them on TV, it's too late.

#26     Mar 23, 2006
  7. sccz97

sccz97

it would all be a bit too easy then woudln't it

#27     Mar 23, 2006
  8. OfmY

OfmY

Don't you want to say that Bloomberg provides non-farm, gdp, cpi before it's officially released? :eek:
    I think only banks and big funds have such more expencive than 2000per month prerogative.

#28     Mar 23, 2006
  9. OfmY

OfmY

Why do you need this? What real edge does it provide?

#29     Mar 23, 2006

10. News moves the markets and stocks. What good is "breaking news" if you get it from a delayed news provider (such as Yahoo finance, CNBC, Bloomberg T.V).

#30     Mar 23, 2006