bloomberg hack for news

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by chs245, Feb 16, 2006.

1. chs245

chs245

Does anyone know of a way to filter the bloomberg newsfeed in a custom application ?
    BB does not have an API for its newscontent, but I would be very interested to have the feed running into Excel for further analysis.

Oliver

2. chs245

chs245

<BUMP>

anyone using Bloomberg here ?????

3. clarence

clarence

This forum is not visited by many professional traders, which is why most threads discuss services like eSignal.

(That is not meant as a troll, but the simple reality that anyone whose vocation is trading needs the speed and reliability of a Reuters or Bloomberg feed; they are unfortunately priced accordingly.)

If you search "Bloomberg" you will turn up a few old threads, and one or two members who use the system; if you PM them, perhaps you will get a repy.

4. I might be able to help, PM me.

5. Htrader

Htrader Guest

Bloomberg is very protective of its data. Running an unapproved api feed would certainly violate your terms of use.

6. I am interested in violating Bloomberg term of use, anyone can help me?

1-Afaik, it's $1200/month and how data and news can be shared by traders trading at same room or remote locations?

2-Which Reuters product is similar to Bloomberg service, is it Xtra 3000...How much does it costs

7. have u tried this? http://www.bloomberg.com/news/rss/

8. sccz97

sccz97

you believe you can get the news from reuters via their api. But yes, for bb you cannot get streaming news via the api but you can get them into a custom app. There are a number of crude methods but they all work. It all depends on what you want

9. Try typing WAPI <GO> on your BBG terminal

10. Surdo

Surdo

That is not BLOOMBERG from a Bloomberg Terminal!

That is as good of a feed as is a Yahoo or Reuter's. com feed.

#10     Mar 20, 2006