Bloomberg Group Rate

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by jesseah, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Some they have 10-15 years, dividends, EOD price, volume, etc.

#31     Dec 29, 2010
  2. carpani

carpani

Bloomberg brokerage (tradebook) has come a long way recently as well. Using their platform combined with bbg analytics is a great package. You're able to trade around economic statistics, have great DOM, run algo strats, etc.

Of course you'll need a futures/clearing account at some of the bigger banks or MF global for example to clear though (or check and see if you can use give up with UBS to your broker, which i know some folks use)

#32     Jan 1, 2011
  3. snoop

snoop

Bloomberg is alot like apple - they have a dedicated following who doesn't know that better options exist. Most subscribers are only using the basics, though they swear that they can't live without it. For futures trading, their data is mediocre, charting/technicals are poor, trading front end is sub par.

Personally I place little value on news and economic reporting, but if that is something you rely on, you almost need all of the major services, as one will out do the other on many occasions.

Bloomberg api is very good and available as part of the standard service. Surprisingly, very few customers make use of it.

#33     Jan 1, 2011
  4. It hasn't been my experience that "very few" make use of it. Do you have any data?

#34     Jan 1, 2011