Bloomberg for fun and profit

Discussion in 'Trading' started by late apex, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Man, I must be watching too much Bloomberg TV on my PC... starting to see double! Some weird symmetry, or something. :D

[​IMG]

2. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

This doesnt surprise me.

Despite all the hype, I think Bloomberg products are good for one thing - the trash can!

It is totally beyond me why anyone would buy those silly terminals when superior data and execution platforms can be obtained from Reuters, Thomson et. al. for a much better price and with all the flexibility and better data.

I mean proprietary hardware! In this day and age!

Their analysts/journalists are just as wrong as all the others as well. Useless. Utterly useless.

Shoot a Bloomberg rep today :)

3. Hurry! Pick up $.11 on the arb. =)

4. Hey braintrusts, did you know there are two classes of shares?

Maybe they can delete this thread and removed the evidence before its too late.

5. R0R

6. Thanks, stock777. Actually, this wasn't meant to be a Bloomberg-bashing post at all... just having a little fun. In fact, back in 2001, they let me continue their full ~$1,500 / month service at home, totally free for 5 or 6 months, while I was out of a job. Really, really nice of them.

When I first saw that screen (and then saw it again, later), I thought -- it's got to be something like that. After all, 4.90 + 0.98 is Not Equal to 4.79 + 0.81. A share class letter after "Ltd" might not be a bad idea, you'll agree.

Still, it looked surreal / amusing to me and made me laugh... especially with "Symmetry" sandwiched in there!

7. lol, yeah, guess 'symmetry' was amusing,

even more amusing to the holders of this name would be if it was a + and not a -.

this is a stock an inch away from bond default.