Bloomberg + Excel question

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Jere Jaja, May 9, 2019.

1. Jere Jaja

Jere Jaja

I bet the most of you operate with Bloomberg and Excel working together, since there is an exclusive and very useful complement in Excel for Bloomberg.

I'm starting in this field and got some problems with the settings (I have the licensed program so that's not the problem).

Every day I need to check the issues that are useful for my industry, those that we can use as a benchmark, for this commitment I input the command NIM (New Issue Monitor) and I check the issues, my problems is that there are too many issues and I need to check every issue one after one, It takes me a lot of time.

It could be very useful for me if I could set that, every day, in an Excel sheet appears every issues that I can see when I input the command "NIM", a dataframe with every issue and their features, like market, price, maturity, date (most of these features are not available in the main screen when you set NIM). So I could filter by characteristics and I could do in 5 minutes what it takes me 3 hours currently.

Any ideas about the configuration?

2. TheBigShort

TheBigShort

Do you mean you want to check certain fields of the stocks in your specific industry/sector? If that's the case on the top left of the spread sheet there is SPREAD SHEET BUILDER. Click that, than select BLANK DATA TABLE and than chose the industry/index you are looking for hit NEXT and select the fields you want. It will automatically populate. What's worth looking into is the new BQL feature. This allows you to do much more sophisticated inquiries.

If you want a custom index. Go to EQS on the terminal. Create a custom index. Now when you go to SPREAD SHEET BUILDER on excel. Select equity screen and chose your custom index

Also worth noting. Hit DAPI <GO> on the terminal. They have a few excellent courses on how to use their excel with API

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    Jere Jaja and GRULSTMRNN like this.
  3. laila

laila

Do you mean you need to check certain fields of the stocks in your particular industry/area? In the event that that is the situation on the upper left of the spread sheet there is SPREAD SHEET BUILDER. Snap that, than select BLANK DATA TABLE and than picked the business/list you are searching for hit NEXT and select the fields you need. It will consequently populate. What merits investigating is the new BQL highlight. This enables you to do considerably more complex request.

In the event that you need a custom file. Go to EQS on the terminal. Make a custom record. Presently when you go to SPREAD SHEET BUILDER on exceed expectations. Select value screen and picked your custom file

Additionally significant. Hit DAPI <GO> on the terminal. They have a couple of brilliant seminars on the most proficient method to utilize their exceed expectations with API

4. H2O

H2O

The NIM allows you to export all existing issues to Excel (Export function on top of the window).

If there are fields you would like to see that are not automatically exported (Note that many fields will not be available given the nature of the instruments you are looking at - they are NEW after all), you can create a template in Excel which requests the fields you would like to see using the identifyer exported by the NIM.

Hope this helps

Jere Jaja likes this.
  5. TheBigShort

TheBigShort

Lol wtf is this all about? Are you a better version of me?

6. Jere Jaja

Jere Jaja

Thank you very much for your replies! I surprised my boss when I succeed (bc we will save a lot of time from now) Blessings !

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2019