Bloomberg endorses obama because get this....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Nov 1, 2012.

1. wjk

wjk

Charlie Crist pulled that shit here in FL, though not as blatant. Where is he now? He got crushed by Rubio so he left the party, and then lost the senate race. I recall him begging the dems for help.

#11     Nov 1, 2012
  2. Which reminds me of those Comcast commercials and the "Orwellian" "ALL IN ONE" packages that they are constantly trying to peddle.

Let's see...broadband internet, digital telephones, digital tv boxes (where they can track everything you watch), surveillance cameras, remote thermostat control, alarm system, etc...

So literally, one company has a complete and unfettered "look see" into a family's every day browsing habits, viewing habits, coming's and going's, etc, etc...

I'm surprised that there has been so little chatter about what seems like such an obvious invasion of privacy (to the nth degree).

#12     Nov 1, 2012
  3. pspr

pspr

Speaking of regulation of thermostats, the power company in Florida had (or maybe still has) a voluntary plan that would save on your electric bill but the utility put a remote switch on your AC and water heater and they could switch that power off during high peak load periods.

I thought that would be fine. Save a few bucks and let them cut the AC and hot water in the middle of the day when no one was home.

Then one day we discovered that when we woke up in the morning there was no hot water to take a shower. I was on the phone within minutes to shut that program off and give them a lesson on peak power use times. I still wonder what they were thinking shutting off current to the hot water heater early in the morning.

#13     Nov 1, 2012
  4. Most likely a "pilot program" that will eventually be implemented throughout the US.

#14     Nov 1, 2012
  5. Max E.

Max E.

Didnt obama promise that if we elected him he was going to make the sea level go down? Perhaps its time for Bloomber to ask his citizens and the citizens of New Jersey how thats working out for them.

#15     Nov 1, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Hey, he didn't promise to stop the wind. : )

#16     Nov 1, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

While simultaneously raising the BS level?

:D

#17     Nov 1, 2012