Bloomberg.com new layout WTF?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by turkeyneck, Jun 20, 2010.

Do you like Bloomberg.com's new layout?Y

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    11.5%
  2. No

54 vote(s)
    88.5%
  1. #41     Jan 2, 2011
  2. m22au

m22au

Thank you very much FrankSlaughtery. I had bloomberg.dot on my 'whitelist', but after removing it from my whitelist, I am able to access the noir version of the web site.

#42     Jan 2, 2011
  3. gkishot

gkishot

Old version is again available today.

#43     Jan 2, 2011
  4. cstfx

cstfx

sweeeeet!

And thx Frank for a workaround when needed.

#44     Jan 2, 2011
  5. Has Bloomberg finally pulled the plug on the black layout? Noir.bloomberg.com no longer works...

#45     Jun 24, 2011
  6. LeeD

LeeD

It looks this way. The front page redirects to the "white" version.

#46     Jun 24, 2011
  7. S2007S

S2007S

I notice that a lot with certain websites, after a couple of years of getting used to the layout of a website they come in and try to reinvent and try something totally new when you have been so used to the old way of navigating the site to begin with.

#47     Jun 24, 2011
  8. unfortunately this looks to be true. i was using the noscript addon for firefox to use the old version and it no longer works. any ideas from the interwebs how to get the old version back? i'm waiting for someone to say "buy a bloomberg terminal. boom. done."

#48     Jun 25, 2011
  9. LeeD

LeeD

Indeed!

I am ok with teh new Bloomberg Web-site. The old black layout was more unique but you get the same navigation options.

A couple of other Web-sites I use have changed their navigation completely. So, instead of using a drop-down menue at the top page, you now have to go to the front page and follw multiple links from there.

They probably used Microsoft Web-site as an example of good design. The best way to navigate it is search via google.

#49     Jun 25, 2011
  10. I don't like boomberg period bloomberg is complicated

I think CNBC is better

#50     Jun 25, 2011