Bloomberg Calls for Action on Jobs, he doesnt get it either!!!!!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Dec 9, 2010.

1. So true. We still live here. But far east on the Island where infrastructre is minimal and schools arent big so the tax burden isnt so bad. But if that changed we would flee for sure.

#11     Dec 10, 2010
  2. Contracts, unions, etc may be viewed as infrastructure.

And if we consider these things infrastructure then they are too big too fail and not be dismantled.

#12     Dec 10, 2010
  3. It's either "dismantle" or bankrupt the private sector. Which would you choose?

#13     Dec 10, 2010
  4. and yet the City never sleeps, and still lives!

guess you just made room for more (to come here and stake their claim)

#14     Dec 10, 2010
  5. Did your cousin lose a lot of "prestige" by moving from New York City to New Jersey? :confused: :cool:

#15     Dec 10, 2010
  6. S2007S

S2007S

The city would have been sleeping and prices would have been at least somewhat more affordable if were not for Bubble ben bernanke and his printing of worthless monopoly dollars!!!!!!

#16     Dec 10, 2010
  7. It never sleeps because there are tons of tourists there, plus you have the bridge and tunnel crowd partying in NYC's many bars and clubs with the girls trying to bag their rich trader from the city before someone else does. It must be somewhat quieter with all of the financial sector layoffs.

I visit family in NJ several times a year and I still love visiting Manhattan, but home prices within a 30 mile radius of Manhattan are ridiculously high, as are the taxes. I rather save my money to be able to spend 2 or 3 months travelling in Europe in the summer and for retirement than wasting it away on a mortgage and especially property taxes.

#17     Dec 10, 2010