Bloomberg Businessweek magazine fast becoming my favorite weekly

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by nitro, Sep 29, 2010.

Is Bloomberg Businessweek magazine a great magazine?

1. Yes. Well worth the time to read it cover to cover.

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No. More biased stuff being spoon fed to us.

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. I don't know.

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  4. I dont' care.

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. nitro

nitro

2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Nitro, I've been reading Bloomberg magazine for 10 years. Both the weekly and the monthly magazines are on the bloomberg.com website. I actually prefer the monthly to the weekly as the weekly is news focused and the monthly focuses on some of the more interesting people in the business you would not ordinarily read about it.

3. nitro

nitro

Maverick,

Have you read the weekly? Seriously, give it a shot. It is down right blatantly honest and it doesn't care who advertises in it.

4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Nitro, I've read it since they started it. It's OK but not as good as the monthly. Is there something in there that you read recently that got you all excited? It seemed kind of bland to me. Of course keep in mind I read 50 blogs a day so I know everything that is going on out there. So if it's just news, I don't really get that excited.

5. The old "BusinessWeek" published by McGraw Hill was excellent and my favorite business mag in the 90s, early part of this decade. But about 5-7 years ago, it seriously declined in quality.

I have noticed that since Bloomberg acquired it recently and renamed it "Bloomberg BusinessWeek" - the quality has sharply improved . I may just re-subscribe again...in fact I have already decided to do so. Hopefully, it'll will reclaim an exceed the quality it had in the 90s.

As for Bloomberg Markets it is a simply FANTASTIC magazine. excellent stories, excellent profiles, stellar reporting.

Good stuff!

6. lindq

lindq

Agreed. They've done a great job with it.