Bloomberg announces bear market over on the radio, then I come back to everything red

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Port1385, Mar 16, 2009.

1. I was driving back to here listening to Bloomberg saying the S&P is up 2-3%, GE back over 10 and how all the money managers are saying to buy right now. Bernanke announces end to the recession.

Then I pull up Yahoo finance and everything is in the red? What happened newscasters?

2. Bernanke, Obama and Geithner can't save equity markets with talking points when the underlying economy in terms of manufacturing, exports, trade balances, protectionism, and jobs, especially, is trending more towards an absolute meltdown every single day.

Have you seen the data on new home sales, starts, auto production, manufacturing, Chinese/Japanese/Korean exports, unemployment claims, tax revenues, redemptions?

Europe and Asia are tanking faster than the U.S.

Burn, baby, burn...

3. lrm21

lrm21

If you had 1 billion dollars, mostly liquid and its 50% of your networth.

And, Barack Obama, Helicopter Ben Bernanke and Timmy "TurboTax" Geithner came to you looking for seed money for their new hedge fund called Hope & Change USA Agressive Growth, would you invest?

Think about.

4. It depends on the terms they were offering. What kind of assets would I be getting? What's my downside risk in term of absolute loss? ANy tax benefits?

5. pma

pma

wow...I need to listen to the news more often for these PERFECT fades!:D