Bloomberg Academic Access

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by cmk, Jun 18, 2005.

1. cmk

cmk

Hi,
    I was wondering if Bloomberg offers some sort of Academic pricing for Bloomberg Professional Service access. I am working at the CME over the summer and use the Bloomberg and Reuters software down on the floor very often, and would like access to it in order to learn more about how to use it and the millions of functions they have.

My school presently subscribes to the service for graduate students only. The schools undergraduate business program ranks in the top 20 in the US, but for some reason they will not provide access for undergraduates. I have written letters many times to department heads in order to try to convince them to get with the program already, but they are not biting.

Anyone know anything about access to Bloomberg for academic use? Last I heard they charge you quite a bit ($1000+), but do they offer any educational prices for registered students?

2. Cant you get the password from a grad student?

Cheers,

TRADERguy

3. Yeah, ok. Not that easy bud.
    1) On Bloomberg Basic terminal, you can't interchange machines
    2) On Bloomberg Anywhere, there's fingerprint recognition software or a 30sec random secure Id token to get you in.

You can't hack the thing.

4. cmk

cmk

Yeah getting a license to use it from Bloomberg is THE only way to use it. That bloomberg anywhere fingerprint credit card thing they have is pretty cool.

Trying to cheat the system and get around paying for it will not work.