Bloody RED Day Yesterday

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Spectra, Jan 17, 2007.

1. I received a few private messages on here about the PureTick track record being too good. That it was possibly padded in some way. Well, it happened. We had a bad day yesterday. Did anyone else? We lost big.

I just wanted to post this followup in the index futures (since we mainly trade the YM) so you guys could see that we stick post our bad trades just as well as the nice ones.

www.puretick.com/trkrecord.html

CajunSniper / Puretick.com Administrator-Trader

2. Spectra
    how many contract are u trading at a time
    let say if a person like me was trading 1 contract what would be my profit

Just a curious trader : - )

3. Astrologer, please see the bottom of that page. There is alittle blerb there on how to calculate 1 car profit.

4. I always wondered this - why do services like PureTick seem to quote numbers based on multiple contracts? PureTick says "Profit based on 5 contract trades on Dow E-Mini YM. If you are trading with 1 contract, you'd just divide the total P&L by 5 to find your total profit/loss potential."

Why not just make it easy and give us the per contract number? I realize by showing $16,854 is more impressive than $3370.80, but that is what the per contract breakdown is, correct? Maybe I am missing something here.

And then take 47 trading days (sorry if that is off, it wasn't easy calculating exactly how many trading days are posted on the site) = $71.72 per contract, per day on average. Which is about 14-15 YM points per day on average. I do like that PureTick adds in a $5 round trip commission charge as well, most services do not do that.

So, as the current track record stands, if you are making less than 14 YM points per day, it may be worthwhile for you to take the $10 trial.

There was another service like PureTick that I was looking at and the cumulative $ amount seemed impressive. Till I read the fineprint that said they trade lots of 6 on the ES. The per contract breakdown per trading day was less than 1 pt. If you do the full math sometimes it's amazing what's out there.

Just wondering someone from PureTick why you chose increments of 5.

Thanks!

PS
    Sorry if my logic is wrong here, just trying to figure this out...

5. Neet

Neet

I'm in no position to comment as I've only tested PT for a number of days.

However, they scale in and out a lot, also some trades require a minimum of 3 contracts.

Using 1 contract in the tracker wouldn't do justice to their style. I think five is fine and as long as its stated that it's five I don't see the problem.

6. I was just wondering Neet and if they scale in and out that makes more sense.

7. hey brownfans
    Even if they made $3370 per contrat X2contract = $6740
    They started trading on 11/06 to 01/16 they were $16800
    If a person who make $26K a year i think this is fantastic for him even if he made $6740 in 2 month,s and 10 days to get the learning curve
    Sitting in the house trading 9.30 to 4.15 then he has more time do do anyhting else he wants
    How many pll who have started trading have failed by averaging down by holding on to loosers et etc
    well a lot of people would not mind making something and learing in the process.
    The only thing i would ask PT ( puretick ) is to keep their fees $200 so that a lot of pll could try it out
    I checked a site called millinemum-trader they claim to make $20 K in 1 month but have no idea how will have to check their trial out also

Why not just make it easy and give us the per contract number? I realize by showing $16,854 is more impressive than $3370.80, but that is what the per contract breakdown is, correct? Maybe I am missing something here.

8. nkhoi

nkhoi

you had me worry a bit but seem like you were able to bounce quickly same as last time.:)

9. hey answered this in the announcements forum

10. Astrologer - OK, I think I understood what was being said there. All I did was run the numbers. I didn't say that PureTick was good or bad, I just simply said that if you are making less than 14 YM points per day, then PureTick is a good option. If you are making more, it's not worth the fee.

That's an outside observation from just looking at the #'s. That's it.

And as for their monthly fee, I think that it is WAY too low. Again, the numbers say = 14 ym pts per day = $70/day = $350/wk = $1400/month. Assuming they can average that return, I would think $300-$400/month is fair.

#10     Jan 21, 2007