Blood on the Streets

Discussion in 'Trading' started by areyoukidding?, Oct 5, 2005.

1. I left an hour early and missed out on all the fun:mad: I covered my swing trade short in XLE on yesterday's gap down and miss most of the huge move down:mad: My short TOL order last week didn't get filled - i missed the short term top by 5 cents:mad: Its a damn good thing i didn't cover my short in QQQQ or AAPL. And i apoligize for my long MSO call:p

#11     Oct 5, 2005
  2. I'm sorry that you have been unable to get around to taking that English As A Second Language Course at your local JC. Perhaps if you did, you would have been able to understand the following statement:

"if the market closes above the 1230.70 level today it will set the tone for a strong rally for the balance of the year and into the first quarter of next year."

Comprehende?
    :eek:

#12     Oct 5, 2005
  3. hajimow

hajimow

I have been trading WIND for 6 years and I believe that WIND is ready to kick off. In a down day like today (Wednesday) WIND was one of the rare stocks that was up about 1.5%. $15 seems to be quick short term target. I am not pumping the stock. I just wanted to bring up your attentions toa stock that seems ready to fly. First study the stock before investing in it.

#13     Oct 5, 2005
  4. landboy

landboy

nah, if they bought it sloppy on the way up, they did an even worse job on the way down... this was something more...

#14     Oct 5, 2005
  5. This reminds me of price action during the first of January 2005.

It's the very same senario: the begining of a new quarter and a historically very Bullish time of year. But instead of rising, the Market tanks hard.

After January's plunge, it took six months to recover.

#15     Oct 5, 2005
  6. I think you need to post more. Only every other thread has been started by you.

#16     Oct 5, 2005
  7. These days hurt.
    I am very glad we are only some few ES contracts long.

#17     Oct 5, 2005
  8. dis

dis

If one down day is a dip to be bought, two such days in a row conjures images of blood running on the street, then three down days in succession must be the long-awaited Rapture. :D

areyoukidding?, thanks for the tip! If the market gaps down tomorrow at the open, I am going to be a buyer.

#18     Oct 5, 2005
  9. Arnie

Arnie

I noticed that too. Agree with your earlier comment about the markets also. Heck, I didn't even realize the selloff was that big until just before the close, I was so involved in my own trades I didn't notice the overall market action.

PS. BTUI another stock acting well lately.
    :D

#19     Oct 6, 2005
  10. Could call it blood or red candles on the streets;
    looked more like OCT selling.

Lots of wall street homebuilders do look bloody;
    lots of tek stocks still look strong,
    and OCT can be more mountains & valleys for tek than usual

:cool:

#20     Oct 6, 2005