"blood libel"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Jan 12, 2011.

1. "just not fair to compare Palin to Reagan or Clinton. They were giants; she is a pygmy."

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/01/13/begala.palin.reagan/index.html?hpt=C2
    "Palin's speech goes on for 1,141 words, yet she never mentions the names of the victims (except a reference to Rep. Gabrielle Giffords). Reagan's Challenger speech is just 650 words, and includes heartfelt and personal tribute to all seven of the astronauts who died. The famously prolix President Clinton mourned the 168 Americans murdered by right-wing terrorists in Oklahoma City with just 918 words. But it's just not fair to compare Palin to Reagan or Clinton. They were giants; she is a pygmy."

#11     Jan 13, 2011
  2. Exactly.....all this OBSESSION by the lib's and she is NOT EVEN IN OFFICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :eek: :D

#12     Jan 13, 2011
  3. As I have posted before on ET, Sarah Palin is the DUMBEST person in politics in recent memory. Moreover, she's making John McCain looking more and more senile by the month.

President Reagan and House Speaker Tip O'Neill would always say that after 6 O'clock "we're all friends after six" and that you should be able to go out and have a friendly drink with your opposition, and that if you view your opposition as the ENEMY, it is YOU who are THE problem.

These two old guys in their 70's disagreed with just about everything, except for their love of America.

Palin and the Glenn Beck's of the world just don't get it.
    With them, it's all about their own "self-promotion", book-tours, etc.
    Their shameless self-promotion and absurd rhetoric has nothing to do with our country, America. - - - If Ronald Reagan was alive today, I think he'd agree.

#13     Jan 13, 2011
  4. Problem is she chose to be in the limelight, on TV, talk shows, reality shows, tweeter, fund raisers, Tea Party conventions and talks of presidential ambitions; all that makes her fair game for political discussions.

#14     Jan 13, 2011
  5. So YOU CHOSE to follow her from all the corporate media attention.........I didn't! :cool:

See how EASY they CON YOU! :eek:

Trust me, THEY have you fully and improperly FOCUSED on the wrong game! :eek:

#15     Jan 13, 2011
  6. Actually, someone that can have an impact on your life in Amercia (who ACTUALLY holds a position in govt) is much dumber than palin............ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcAPGD8xgNo

#16     Jan 13, 2011
  7. The fallacy that Palin perpetually runs on (which of course appeals to her base) is that she is a victim...her entire appeal is to a base that feels victimized.

She is not a victim, she is a volunteer.

Not until she accepts that she did indeed choose to go into politics, and then into celebrity status, and that the criticism she gets for her criticism of the left is the nature of the game, will she finally demonstrate some level of statesmanship.

#17     Jan 13, 2011
  8. When she is ACTUALLY holding some position in office then I will worry about her....right now all SHE is used for is a "directed" corporate media distraction.

#18     Jan 13, 2011
  9. Hello

Hello

Beck and Palin are no different then Chris Matthews, Ed Schultz, Rachel Maddow, Keith Olbermann, and Hannity.

They are all a bunch of lunatics.

#19     Jan 13, 2011