Blodget Rips Jim Cramer In Slate Article

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Jan 30, 2007.

1. The Cramer presentation is vulgar.

The sound effects are vulgar.

The mugging for the camera is vulgar.

The hype is vulgar.

Other than that , not bad.

I used to defend the boob, but like all wise market players, my opinion is flexible.

#11     Jan 31, 2007
  2. NOW I remember her...whatever did happen to her?

#12     Jan 31, 2007
  3. gaj

gaj

to the best of my knowledge, still there at morgan stanley.

she did some good research way back when, before the internet was accessible to people outside of educational sources / government / research labs.

but that was a long time ago and she, like many others, escaped the wrath of most people. possibly because she was a lifer already (she started mid /late 80s) while blodget was a newcomer who attracted a LOT of jealousy on the street?

i guess it's easier to pin all the bad things on a few visible people, and then pretend they're solved.

#13     Feb 1, 2007
  4. I see ET is laughing about Cramer, Jim Rogers and Dr. Marc Faber.

The mind boggling think is... all three of the above have made horrendous market calls at times (hence the mockery in several threads), but at the same time they banked more cash than anyone will ever do in a lifetime here. And that's all that counts.

So who's laughing? Your average Joe ET poster while they point a finger at a misfired Rogers call? Or Cramer, Rogers et. al. each with 100+m bank rolls?

#14     Feb 1, 2007
  5. Chood

Chood

I'm not laughing at or about Cramer. I appreciate the fella and I'd flat out love him if he would do for the DOW what, say, Howard Stern did for Sirius -- create mucho sheep meat. Call me a dreamer, but Cramer's a spieler with it in him.

A herd of moonbeam/pixy-dust buyers in Cramer-touted stocks would be a feast. Anybody that can fatten the food chain below my station on it -- i.e., for feasting on by those higher up -- is to be supported.

I said it below:

Personally, I wish Cramer would become the most influential stock commentator in America. For icing, I'd like to see Blodgett, Grubman, et al, resurrect and regain their influence.

ET members should recognize their own self interest in my wish. The dumber the money in the market, the better it is for small traders, i.e., ET members (or a fair cross section of them).

Just think of the dream scenario we are all missing because the Republicans have crapped out so badly: privatized Social Security with Cramer & Co. leading the sheep.

Even those of us well down the food chain would have feasted. A pump and dumpers' ball to beat all.

(There's hope yet, of course, in Newt's possible run for the White House. Let's pray he runs and wins.)

#15     Feb 1, 2007

6. Chood,
    Your commentary is pathetic. Its quite obvious you are trying to be funny in a cynical and inhumane manner. And it really backfires .Making you look like just another unfunny little twit on ET trying to cover up his own insecurities because he has to deal with a monstrous 3k trading acount. :eek:

You really seem to be an angry low life and about as superficial a human being as one can find :D

Ha fellows, I as much as anyone am about making money in the Markets. Its part of the American way. And I realize that there is always someone on the other side of the trade who loses if I win. Thats pretty much the scenario in this game.
    But to sit here in these forums and Gloat about this with a degree of arrogance and bad intentions is unsettling.

Chood, go back and reread what you posted. You sound like a money grubbing a-hole who will sell his own mother out just to make a profit.

Ha Chood ,what if some of that dumb money you are licking your chomps over happens to be your mother or father. Or maybe your girlfriend, wife or sister. Or best friend ??

Yeah makes you think a little differently, right ??

So before you put your foot in your mouth and say such senseless garbage think about what you are actually saying.

To Gleefully profit of others misfortune and encourage others here on ET to do the same will get you a one way ticket to Hades !! :p

Dumbarse :D

#16     Feb 1, 2007
  7. Well...no. I suspect I'll just be one of a long line of posters to smack you down. You do see how clueless your line of "thinking" is, don't you?

Please take a moment to note that this is Elite Trader, not "Investor". We aren't buy and hold sheeple.

We, but *apparently* not all, trade. It's a war and fierce competition in the markets.

We here strive to be the winners. Nobody is forcing anybody to be in the markets. Yeah, I'll gladly take yours, your old Mum's, and anybody elses money from my trading.

Take your "Cramer Loser" attitude back to the Yahoo boards.

Thank you. :)

#17     Feb 1, 2007
  8. gnome

gnome

Is this Leonard guy taking on any new clients?

#18     Feb 1, 2007
  9. amtrak

amtrak

That funny line above got me......

#19     Feb 1, 2007
  10. Worth repeating and sticking on the wall next to your trading station.

Capitalism is all about finding leverage and winning. Did Microsoft feel sad when they crushed IBM's OS business? Does GM feel sad that Ford is sinking fast?

Why would you feel sad to take someone else's money?

#20     Feb 1, 2007