Blocked users...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by NoahA, Aug 2, 2022.

1. zdreg

zdreg

There are some ignorant morons on ET, who have the need to post endlessly. Some generous and knowledgeable posters respond with posts that go beyond the original basic question. These answers add details that are useful to experienced traders.
    I do understand the difficulty of separating the chaff from the wheat. It goes with the territory. In time I learned to deal with it.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
    #51     Aug 14, 2022
  2. themickey

themickey

By placing those not interested in constructive contributing, placing on ignore serves several functions.
    Saves time.
    Removes the temptation of replying to nonsense.
    Stops further conflagration of nonsense by not becoming embroiled.
    Idiots are encouraged by other idiots so the less response they get, hopefully will temper some of their postings.
    Besides, even a wise response to an idiot's postings is met with more nonsense, you will never win an argument with a fool, hence its pointless.
    The ET russian & chinese trolls along with Trump cultist, I find its best to block them as they are here only to serve themselves and masters.

So, when @Overnight says he doesn't believe in the ignore feature, well my response, he's agravating a situation of poor quality postings because he's often reacting to them which just encourages more drivel.

#52     Aug 14, 2022
  3. Overnight

Overnight

Poor-quality postings? Who are you judge what is good or poor quality? It is only that in YOUR view, not in EVERYONE'S view. That is why ET is not Twitter. And I guess you have me on /ignore again, because you have not responded about that cool Antipode website. It's fun!

#53     Aug 14, 2022
  4. After seeing where I would end up, I have decided not to tunnel through the Earth. Thanks for the link. :D

#54     Aug 14, 2022
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Hehe, come on, where would you wind up? Middle of Russia or something?

#55     Aug 14, 2022
  6. themickey

themickey

It's not often you're right, but you're wrong again. :)

#56     Aug 14, 2022
  7. Overnight

Overnight

Pfhfhhhhttt

#57     Aug 14, 2022
  8. I cannot divulge this information in case I do decide to tunnel, I don't want anyone to find me.

#58     Aug 14, 2022
  9. Overnight

Overnight

C'mon man, just go Total Recall!

#59     Aug 14, 2022
  10. Looks like a cool movie. On my bucket list.

#60     Aug 16, 2022