Blocked users...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by NoahA, Aug 2, 2022.

1. maxinger

maxinger

[​IMG]

#21     Aug 4, 2022
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

If this is all you guys have to worry about....
    ..... whatever. :rolleyes:

#22     Aug 4, 2022
    TrailerParkTed likes this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

We are multi-taking worriers?

#23     Aug 4, 2022

4. Then you shouldn't have blocked the poster - he obviously posted something of interest to you.

#24     Aug 4, 2022
    Overnight likes this.
  5. NoahA

NoahA

I'm with deaddog on this.

But if it's functioning like intended why do I keep seeing posts from Overnight when I already have him back on ignore? Sure I can't see what he says but the threads still shows up in my follow-thread list and then I waste time on seeing an empty post.

Screenshot_20220804-200253_cropped.png

#25     Aug 4, 2022
  6. deaddog

deaddog

Not really. He posted something that cause a poster I respect to respond. I don't really care what the blocked poster said but only seeing 1/2 of a conversation can at times be confusing.

#26     Aug 5, 2022
    Overnight likes this.
  7. smallfil

smallfil

After I block someone, I do not care what the fool is doing. Why should I? He is going to throw insults my way no doubt but, his world just got smaller. He is now left with his fellow ET trolls to whine and cry about their lives. Misery loves company and they all deserve each other. Karmic justice will deal with the rest.

#27     Aug 5, 2022
  8. NoahA

NoahA

@Baron

Here is some more contradictory evidence that the ignore/block function doesn't work as intended, at least I don't think.

You keep claiming that there should be no mention of an ignored person, but this smallfil user has me on block or ignore, and first I have to see an update to this thread in my "followed threads" list, and there is also a clear post in the actual thread, but clearly I can't read the post.

2022-08-05 1001.15.png

2022-08-05 1001.31.png

So on the one hand, I have to deal with seeing this very partial information, and yet if I'd like to see that a poster is replying to a person I have on ignore, then I don't see this at all. And this is exactly what would be beneficial as some of us are saying. So I don't understand how on the one hand you think not being able to see who someone replies to just because we have them on ignore is how the function should work, and yet I'm constantly shown other references to an ignored individual that wastes my time.

If your approach is all or nothing, meaning that once they are on ignore then they should be invisible for you in every sense, then all these other references to this poster shouldn't be happening.

#28     Aug 5, 2022
  9. SmallFil blocked you too? (and Maxinger too/lamborghini avatar guy)
    I have no idea what I said to offend that person, I never even recalled replying to that person once.

Some souls can be so sensitive and fragile and soft,

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
    #29     Aug 5, 2022
  10. Overnight

Overnight

Smallfil, IIRC correctly, was the first poster I ever noticed to have me on /ignore years ago, and it was prolly for something dumb like "I cannot stand his videos." He's a weird one.

#30     Aug 5, 2022