Blockbuster Video----Im soooo outta there!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RCG Trader, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Blockbuster changed its late fees to a dollar a day per video after four days, old and new releases alike.

They are FIRED!!!!!

Anybody watch lots of movies, and can recommend a good online source of videos?

How has your experience been with venues such as Netflix?

Caveat Emptor
    :)

2. 1) I was unpleasantly surprised by that too.
    2) Have you used those red-colored vending machines?
    3) Does your public library have free rentals? :confused:

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Sounds like the feds took over Blockbuster.

Have you considered...well...you know...just returning them on time?

I know, I know, it's so 20th century and all, but it does work.

4. The nearest blockbuster is an hour away. We take the back when we go into town....happy?

That was totally not cool of blockbuster. I have seen those red vending machine but content is horrible.

5. nkhoi

nkhoi

stay with the in-mail-cd-swap-for-in-store-cd program then you can hang on to the movie as long as you want.

6. I don't know about your library network but I've getting my dvd's as soon as they're available at the rental joints because I reserve them early enough. I've got an online account, log in with a pin and get what I have out, what is in for me to p/u and what my fines are. Great for books and music to. Just seach and reserve. Most modern libraries should have the same.

7. How is Cambodia this time of year?

8. TGregg

TGregg

Redbox and DVDExpress (those red kiosks) are pretty cool, IMO. Some studios are/were fighting them `cuz of the low fees. But for a buck you can't go wrong. And it's only another dollar a day if you are late.

9. jem

jem

roku player with netflix and video on demand from amazon. (i bought the roku player from amazon - so I got some credit towards their movies.)

Just about the ideal setup. And very easy to set up.

pay up for the better roku player.
    have a receiver with the HDMI inputs.

Spend the time setting up the surround sound at the right distances and levels.

Boom - hd movies - great sound - on timely demand.