Blockbuster - BBI

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Copernicus, Dec 14, 2004.

1. BBI was 15% of assets when it dropped. My basis was 7.25. Guess that either i'm onto something or they are. VBG.

Anyway, I'm selling into this pop. Sold half at 9.5 and am selling the rest in this area. Just holding like 10% hoping for 11.

Think this is about fair value.

#11     Dec 17, 2004
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

introducing blockbuster online 14.99/m 3 selections free shipping AND 2 coupons for in-store movie or game. The end is near... for netflix.

#12     Apr 3, 2005
  3. I disagree - I tried BB and their delivery and turnaround time was TERRIBLE. I was glad I did not cancel my Netflix. They can offer it for 4.99, but if the service sucks they will not retain any customers.

#13     Apr 3, 2005
  4. Yeah, but the selction is limited. hollywood video has a better selection, but doesnt have 2 for 1 via gold membership.

i'm not sure how many stores the company owns... in my travels, BB have always been leased?

#14     Apr 3, 2005
  5. i dont see how SAC is making these returns with huge investments like BBI and WTSLA

#15     Apr 3, 2005
  6. With the blockbuster. I live about seventy miles from a distribution center so that may help. I never did Netflix because of the high price. I have also taken my blockbuster coupons and rented videogames at their store nearby. I have had it for almost three months and I have to say it is hard to find enough movies to watch. You need four to justify the cost and I am not finding four quality movies a month. I may cancel it during football season.

#16     Apr 3, 2005
  7. I don't get this one either :confused:

What is the break up value per share on the real estate value ... anyone have an ideal.

Looks like another Kmart to me .. if anything at all.

:cool:

btw I will short it at $10 next visit there assuming everything else is in line then.

#17     Apr 3, 2005
  8. agree. many times, i just walk out the door w/o a flick. ive found lately that foreigners, on balance, are making better movies these days. i dont watch TV, so i prefer hollywood video, but the service at one of teh local stores sucks... additionally, shelf space is getting converted to spanish-language titles.. i pissed that i cant go on line and order a movie:p

#18     Apr 3, 2005
  9. the board and CEO are at odds needless to say they want him out... drastic changes are taking place at BBI

i noticed blockbuster fixed their online system so that now you cannot report a DVD sent back and not cleared from their que within the first three days of shipment. prior to this week this was not a problem.

i too feel there is a play here....job cuts, asset liquidations etc...the ceo is accused of sitting back on his heels and missing the boat in shifting to the new model...

alex

#19     Apr 14, 2005
  10. da-net

da-net

Just looking at BBI for a possible bounce. It has not been this low since Oct 2001 and is showing extremes in oversold...was thinking of limiting risk with some Jan 06 $5calls or a call spread...what do my fellow ETers think? Is it ready for a small bounce or should we get the shovels ready for a funeral?

#20     Sep 20, 2005