Blockbuster Bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by MrDODGE, Mar 3, 2009.

1. TGregg

TGregg

Netflix, sat TV, pay per view and the DVD box rentals (Redbox and DVDXpress) are killing them, not to mention all the TV shows archivied on the web. WTF is going to shell out $5 to rent a flick when you can buy the movie for $15 online? Or pay $12 a month to Netflix and watch all the movies OL that you can stand?

Video rental stores were just a flash in the pan.

2. ess1096

ess1096

True that! :D
    I used to be a regular Blockbuster customer before digital cable. Now when I want to rent a movie I just view a movie on demand. No driving to BB, no waiting in line, no returning of dvd's.
    I thought BB was already out of business, the one near me closed years ago.

3. This depression is great! BB is absolutely useless with Netflix and On Demand.

Only a matter of time before both Netflix and On Demand are made usless by HD quality streams from broadband internet to TV.

4. lpchad

lpchad

na na na na hey hey hey goodbye!

5. gaj

gaj

blockbuster's been overpriced for years and years. we used to go to movie gallery when we wanted to watch because it was a bunch cheaper than BBI. unfortunately, local one went out.

then, just in time...supermarkets by us started having the red box video rental machines. those are $1/day, and they frequently have "rent one, get one free" coupons.

since we get the video and plan on returning it the next day..it's $1, not 4-5 of BBI.

BBI also doesn't have tough to get videos, either, which eliminates much of their purpose.

and as others have stated, NFLX >> BBI.