block trading...how is it?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jimclark, Sep 17, 2007.

1. 100,000 shares for entries and for exits for position trading where an entry or exit is done in one portion of one day without affecting the market.

The partial fills for this are determined by the block sizes showing on the T and S. Do not exceed the blocks on T&S.

#21     Sep 18, 2007
  2. jd7419

jd7419

An excellent reply Jack. Thank you much sir.

#22     Sep 18, 2007
  3. He means that if it took him 20 trades to get long it will likely take 30 trades to exit without adversely affecting price.

#23     Sep 18, 2007
  4. What? Seems he is not the one doing the assuming.

#24     Sep 18, 2007
  5. The assumption was that he knew which side of the trade he sees on T & S was the initiator, and thats simply not possible.

#25     Sep 19, 2007
  6. My T&S display is different than yours.

I also have a different mind set than you do.

As is often the case, people do not understand what I am saying. Trading at high money velocities is basically foreign to most people.

I put up the example of Greenspoon who is under treatment by Steenbarger continually. Steenbarger may understand what Greenspon's needs are as a consequence of their continuous and long term relationship. One helps the other through his trading (emotional) concerns so he can return to former performance or just maintain performance of less than a net tick profit per trade. It must be tough to make money where a trade averages under a tic.

For me looking at my version of the display, it is not a federal case. I just spend my time making money through favorable price change. What makes it favorable is being on the right side of he market. T &S is a continuing report of price progress. I look at it one way; you see it another way. You are looking at what is not possible for you: I am looking at making high velocity money positively glance by glance. For me T&S is only one of four concurrent numbers (pricing) that I glance at to make up my data set. I also have the equivalent of a set of bit masks whose SOP purposes are sequencing past where I do analysis and assurances for timely actions.

What is possible in the world is very different for different people.

Read the business week article on the guy who gives 20,000 dollars to about 75 people. He knows that they will make a portfolio and trade it wisely. They share profits 50/50 and he takes the profits they create and uses them for scholarships. some only make 200 at first and then it goes to 700 or 800. He feels that soon they will be doing 1,000's. This is an example of poeple going from what is technically or perfomancewise not possible to what is possible. He is a wise person and, it turns out just 20 years older than I am, 94. He has 1 million rolling now and he said it saves him a lot of work for making scholarship money. I gave an example of 100,000 shares in a block netting 17 points. Who cares which way the money gets into a foundation to do stuff. Either way is possible and his way has a great kicker since so many people learn to trade from him. The people he picks he already gave scholarships to. Nice appraoach.

maybe someday it will be possible for you to see what the market is saying to other traders. Presently, you would rather be right than rich.

#26     Sep 19, 2007

7. That’s a wonderful response and a lovely story. The fact of the matter is your time and sales data does NOT show who initiated which side of the trade and its not different then anyone else’s.

That’s also a wonderful story about the 100k share 17 point trade, would you like me to post one that sounds even better?

I don’t see the purpose in posting stories like that but you tell them with such heart felt vigor so please don’t ever stop. They're very entertaining and I am sure there is a shred of truth in there somewhere.

Perhaps someday it will be possible for you to actually answer the original question posed here rather then going into a long unsubstantiated dissertation on what you claim to do. Presently you would rather verbally stroke your ego and imply you magically know a total strangers motivations and net worth.

#27     Sep 19, 2007
  8. dhpar

dhpar

sounds like a good start for a new system. :D

this thread is fantastic - Jack you really have some hidden talents.

#28     Sep 19, 2007
  9. Once again, that is your assumption.

I'm only posting this to see if perhaps the thread starter can clarify if I have answered his request for clarification above re. the 20:30 ratio.

#29     Sep 19, 2007
  10. I read that Jaks native language was a mix of Swahili and Urdu

#30     Sep 19, 2007