Bleak Outlook For 2011 Economy

Discussion in 'Economics' started by pspr, Jul 30, 2010.

1. pspr

pspr

2. We might be better off letting the taxes rise in 2011. The economy should slow, unemployment should rise... and perhaps THEN the Democrats and their Leftist spendthrift, Big Government oppression and control, et al can be SLAUGHTERED at the polls in 2012.

Of course, the Republicans would have to live up to their promise to initiate proper fixes... (you know, like Obama promised but THEN DID THE OPPOSITE].

The 2010 abd 2012 elections are CRITICAL as to whether America attempts to get back reasonably "on track" or we succumb to greedy Leftist lust for power and control. If not, there is no hope (may not be real hope even now... I'm just hoping that hope is still alive.) :(

3. pspr

pspr

I think taxes are already set to rise in 2011 even without letting the Bush tax cuts die. I don't know if we can survive another 2 years of Obama even without Democratic control of Congress in 2011. He'll veto every corrective measure the GOP pushes.

Besides, Iran will probably get the bomb or be attacked by Israel before 2012 so the potential of a really big escalation is possible.

But who cares. I think God is fed up with the world and is going to hit it with a really big rock in 2012.

4. Asteroid? but none sighted so far

5. bat1

bat1

put all Pot smokers in prison at $52,000 a year

that is a great way for states to save money

and it still is being done everyday!

:eek:

6. olias

olias

Didn't God foresee all of this and let it unfold according to his plan?

7. The "tax rise" IS the expiration of the Bush tax cuts. Of course Obama would veto any initiative by the Repubs... but if the Dems lose the house, funding for Obamacare/Tyranny can be stopped.

No progress can be made until Obama is out of there and the Repubs have control of at least one house.

After the "ram it down people's throats" experience of Obamacare/Tyranny bill, I think I'd like to see it where no legislation could be passed without at least 5 votes from the minority side. Everything would be much more moderate.

I'd also like to see the Executive Order Power of the President reduced or eliminated. The Constitution was designed with "checks and balances"... the Executive Branch has usurped excessive and unauthorized power.

8. we're going higher in 2010!

9. olias

olias

think about all of the people behind bars for pot....forget about the waste of money, it's just a tragedy that these people are not free. I don't smoke pot. Does nothing for me, but I know a lot of kick-ass people that do. These are some of the nicest people, smartest people I know. Anyone reading these boards who still holds to the notion that 'pot smokers are bad people' really needs to get out of their sheltered world.

add the fact that we are wasting money incarcerating, prosecuting, fighting the drug war....and the whole thing really bothers me.

"Tolling for the searching ones, on their speechless seeking trail,
    For the LONESOME HEARTED lovers, with too personal a tale
    And for each unharmful gentle soul misplaced inside a jail
    And we gazed upon the chimes of freedom flashing"

10. LEAPup

LEAPup

Crazy huh? Where I live pot growers are put in prison 5x longer than scum bag pedophiles.:mad:

#10     Jul 30, 2010