Blatant Bush Pandering...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BloodTrader, Mar 5, 2004.

1. ...the Hispanic voters.

Did you hear him today. I could puke when I hear that a-hole trying to sound sincere and caring. His is just pandering and it is sickening.

He was talking about the illegals making the dangerous crossing in heat and cold, without adequate food, etc etc etc.. He was making them out to be heros when they are illegal immigrants. There are laws about how you immigrate to this country, but Bush is clearly signaling that it is OK to violate the laws.

And while Bush is sanctifying this defiance of the law, we have people putting their lives on the line along the border every day. They are having the rug pulled out from under them. It's being widely reported how the talk of amnesty and Bush's wishy washiness on the law is encouraging an ever larger flood of illegals. Who really thinks this is good for our democracy???

I have a friend who works the border and he says that immediately after Bush's amnesty speech, the traffic in illegals picked up dramatically.

It has nothing to do with whether or nor you sympathize with the poor of Mexico, but whether or not we can have meaningful borders and immigration law, and whether or not we have a right to control who enters the USA. We are losing the fight and Bush is making this problem MUCH WORSE.

We can't be Mexico's escape valve for the poor. We can't take up the excess population because their growth rate is too high. And it hurts our democracy in many ways, not the least of which is the culture of corruption that comes along with the illegal invasion...not because Mexicans individually are any more corrupt than anyone else, but you cannot come from a culture of corruption like that and immediately change your ways. If the immigration was slow and controlled this could be managed, but it is not and it will have dire consquences.

I thought we had too many people in this country in the 1950s when US population was about 150 million. What a mess.

m