Blaster Worm

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by listedguru, Aug 12, 2003.

1. My high Speed cable (Comcast-Seattle) has been down since early this morning. Spent about 45 minutes on the phone with a techie until an internal email hit her saying Comcast has been hit coast to coast and is down for perhaps the remainder of the day. Something to do with their routers.

This type of situation highlights the importance of a second ISP, a dialup.
    Some people may call it AOL Hell, but it's pretty sweet for me right now.

Hackers should be sent to prison to have their "ports probed"

#11     Aug 12, 2003
  2. Thanks Cubano and others .....also, I would like to Publicly apologize to my wife......I thought she reconfigured the settings and was messing around with the system again:D

#12     Aug 12, 2003
  3. Ditto!

#13     Aug 12, 2003

4. If that is the case then my WIFE IS TO BLAME!!!!! Sunday she was on the computer in the morning and it wasn't until I got home from church at around noon that i realized that she left the computer on!!!!! I told her not to do that either ...HOORAY!!! Im right again!!! Men Rule!!!!:D

#14     Aug 12, 2003
  5. LOLOL!

#15     Aug 12, 2003

6. If that is your attitude (blaming your wife) then you will surely lose the battle and land up sleeping in the doghouse for a week!

That said, you are the trader right? You are on for 8-10 hours per day, accessing your online broker and doing sensitive financial transactions. If you do not have a firewall, (and have tested it online) then I am afraid YOU are to blame.

Get a firewall (zone alarm) and antivirus (AVG, free I think?), they can both be had for free if you don't want to buy Norton.

#16     Aug 12, 2003
  7. I don't trade from home...and there is a firewall but I dont think it;s updated

#17     Aug 12, 2003
  8. riggz

riggz

my fiance's family and some friends were all calling last night. i ended up on the phone for about three hours fixing five computers and showing them how to use zonealarm. are there any other good firewall software?

#18     Aug 12, 2003
  9. Does Norton AntiVirus protect your computer against worms and other similar types of problems?

#19     Aug 12, 2003
  10. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

No, Norton doesn't protect your computer from Window bugs.

Only way to prevent it is to update all the critical patches
    using the Start -> All Programs -> Windows Update.

#20     Aug 12, 2003