Blaring, obnoxious call to prayer five times daily. . .

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TGregg, Aug 3, 2010.

1. JamesL

JamesL

Then go ahead, live next to it.

On Atlantic Ave in Brooklyn, the local residents have been fighting with the AlFarooq mosque for years over their use of amplified sound system for their call to prayers. To this day it has not been resolved.

#11     Aug 4, 2010
  2. NYC you gotta fuxxing kidding me? I live at Lake Tahoe a reason. However, have you ever been to Istanbul?

#12     Aug 4, 2010
  3. Out of respect America has chosen to make the foot prints of the twin towers "sacred" and not rebuild on the original foundations, yet the Muslims cannot respect ground zero?

Makes a mockery our memorial intentions. American citizens(Muslim) making other Americans citizens (non- Muslim) appear foolish.

#13     Aug 4, 2010
  4. TGregg

TGregg

At this point, accusations of bigotry and racism from the left are code words for "I can find no fault with your facts and logic yet I do not like your conclusion."

#14     Aug 4, 2010
  5. We went up on the western part of the Black Sea fishing for sturgeon and therefor great caviar. We found it. And the call to prayer was just as nice and they were incredibility gracious to us and all other Americans. We were invited into multiple homes to share dinner with them.

#15     Aug 4, 2010
  6. BSAM

BSAM

Why do some people play dumb as to the purpose of their proposed NYC mosque?

If they were interested in showing respect, it's obvious what they would do.

Stay tuned.

#16     Aug 5, 2010
  7. big·ot   /ˈbɪgət/ Show Spelled[big-uht] Show IPA
    –noun
    a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

the words "blaring, obnoxious" to describe the call to prayer sound like an opinion that is intolerant of the practices of another religion. to someone who appreciates Azan's reminder to think of God, they would perhaps use the words "deeply edifying." both are opinions born of different perspectives about sounds and probably, life in general. do you understand?

anyway, where are the facts and logic in your words or are you, as proposed earlier, just an exceptionally opinionated bigot?

#17     Aug 5, 2010
  8. The muslim world is not interested in "peace" or "tolerance", mostly just conquest.

#18     Aug 5, 2010
  9. Would it be okay to recite the ten commandments publicy 5 times a day over a loud speaker?

#19     Aug 5, 2010
  10. JamesL

JamesL

#20     Aug 5, 2010