Blaring, obnoxious call to prayer five times daily. . .

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TGregg, Aug 3, 2010.

1. TGregg

TGregg

. . . at ground zero.

I don't think there's anything more I can say.

2. well you could also say something about the FIRST Amendment of the U.S. Constitution...one of those wacky freedoms in the Bill of Rights that so many Americans have sacrificed their lives over the years (AND on 9-11) trying to protect.

if you look at this quote from the director of the Muslim society, you may see it differently... "It will also serve as a major platform for amplifying the silent voice of the majority of Muslims who have nothing to do with extremist ideologies. It will counter the extremist momentum."

Or it could be a plot to antagonize all right wing Christians, to mock their pain because of course, all Muslims are evil to the core:)

3. 1. Nytimes wrote today that it was approved. So too late for you.

2. I think it is NEAR ground zero, and not AT ground zero. Most likely you know the difference, and people might question your motives.

3. NYtimes wrote that it is a YMCA type of place, so not a mosque. Similar to point 2, your comments would be viewed as bigotry given the distortion.

If precisions in 2. and 3. are true, and you knew it, why did you chose to lie? Jewish people are supporting the center, with exception of AIPAC which was critiqued and their opposition in the last hours was viewed as bigotry.

4. you probably believe Obama's lies too.

5. 1. It's not a done deal yet.

2. The call to prayer will easily be heard at ground zero.

3. Wrong again, it will contain a mosque. And knock off the bigotry charge. You libtards have beat that dead horse to where it has no more meaning.

ADL doesn't support it, and plenty of Jews and 911 family members are against it.

6. <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nkMolLriAkQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nkMolLriAkQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

7. jem

jem

that video was very interesting.

8. JamesL

JamesL

Murray St is 3 blocks from Vesey St, the northern boundary of WTC site and well within the circle of where victims remains were found after the attack.

9. The call to prayer at the Blue Mosque five times a day in secular country like Turkey is both beautiful and inspiring. Ted Haggard and Jimmy Swaggart and Jim Baker and the like could learn a thing or two.

10. jem

jem

I was in other parts of Turkey and I would characterize the screeching in an entirely different manner. But it was their country and if that is what the majority wanted... fine.

#10     Aug 4, 2010