Blackwood trading platform

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Math_Wiz, May 5, 2006.

1. Yeah, like I said, I'm going to have to try it again.

Have you ever tried Sterling Trader Pro FaderTrader? I really liked it when I was using it.

I also liked Anvil, they told you on the trader report all the stuff about if action happening on the Level 2 was good or bad, which is good for me because I still need to learn Level 2.

Who develops and maintains blackwood? I haven't located a website. I'd like to make some suggestions for future updates.

#11     May 7, 2006
  2. Well, only trade NYSE stocks, so I don't know a ton about level 2. But, (and I'm just throwing this out there) if you are reading too much into order flow, you could be setting yourself to get chopped the fuck up. I see it happen all the time (and am often a victim as well). With that said, I like to see a market maker box and NYSE open book with the top of book prices and liquidity grouped together - mostly force of habit. I haven't traded on any other platforms besides ANVIL and BLACKWOOD. Frankly, I'm a bit afraid to waste my time to try anything else.

#12     May 7, 2006
  3. I still can't find any information on who developed and maintains blackwood...

Do you know what company develops it?

Or is Benchmarq developing and maintaining it?

Bighitter said this to me VIA PM a few days ago:
    "by the way blackwood software is an old piece of software from 2000 and sucks comapred to what's out there now. take it from a trader of 10 years you should go trade in an office around other traders for the first year."

#13     May 7, 2006
  4. avs19

avs19

Blackwood is owned by the following firm, www.pacmid.com many companies are offering the product. The best way to get changes added is to email a support rep and have them add it to the list of changes.

It seems that based on some of these posts a training session would help a great deal. It takes a little time to understand how things work one product from another. It is easy though to claim a product sucks after not finding how to do something after 5 mins.

#14     May 18, 2006
  5. #15     Nov 20, 2007
  6. mnjf80

mnjf80

No company is gonna change their software for 1 person. You wanna change buttons find a different platform that fits your needs. Best or luck. need any help e-mail me.

Joe

#16     Dec 10, 2007
  7. Yea! I feel comfortable trading with the <a href:"http://www.nextleveltrading.net/">Blackwood platform<a/>
    They really are the best we can use in the market now!

#17     Dec 18, 2007
  8. #18     Dec 18, 2007
  9. Does Blackwood provide Automatic Stop Loss Orders with Basket Order Entry? Want to submit baskets of 20-30 positions, long and short and have stop loss orders automatically generated for each position filled. Can Blackwood do this?

Please let me know.

Thanks

#19     Dec 24, 2007

10. I think Blackwood developed it. I think it was originally called "The Hammer"

#20     Dec 24, 2007