Blacklisted by Brokers

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by thomsonfx, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Davo

Davo

Steve,

That was well put.

Note: Your spell check must have changed Cluseau to Clueless.

Regards,
    Davo

#41     Jun 29, 2006
  2. def

def Sponsor

Cluesew,

It is worth repeating what Steve says to set the record straight. IB DOES NOT BLACKLIST CLIENTS AND CLUESAUES COMMENTS ARE INDEED CLUELESS as they are totally an completely false.

IB's SMART routing is designed to obtain the best available price for our clients. We offer price improvement when available via BOX and Timber Hill is only on the other side when it can offer the or a better price than available in the market. This statement is confirmed via our routing reports and documented in disclosures regularly sent to the SEC.

#42     Jun 29, 2006
  3. Oh, it's really a nice feature .. orginally I would like to implement this myself with my Wealth-Lab connecting to several brokers scanning for the best available price (lowest when I wanna buy up, or vice versa)..

Also, I just notice that any bucketshop which offer a price different from the market might create more loss to them instead.. let's say they think the price will be up and they keep sending quotes to clients with higher value, but it ends up with a pull back. If my automated trading system use pull back strategy and through my scanning I notice that certain bucketshop offers such higher price, I can get more profits instead.

Seems the only case which pose threat to the clients is that the shop make artificial spikes which triggers the stop for many clients while at the same time they dont honor the limits for the clients which make profits, and also they dont accept orders during the spike. But as soon as the clients has too much reserve and dont set stops too close.. they have no methods to make you lose .. it might be the case why the guy I quoted in previous thread goes from 1K to 1M.. the "president" can only ask him to go but cant hurt him through his trading. However, I saw a ridiculous case in "forexbastaxds" that one of the shops can open the trades on behalf of the clients.. that is terrible !

Here, for those running multiple strategies, may I ask whether it is very common the same price is picken up as buy signal for strategy A but sell signal for strategy B ?

#43     Jun 29, 2006
  4. How can only ONE person make money? Surely someone is using limit orders so not paying the spread then they have a 50:50 chance

#44     Jun 29, 2006
  5. It's only futures. So would you say that blacklisting doesn't normally happen with futures firms?

#45     Jun 29, 2006
  6. You can get blacklisted at any firm i.e. futures. Depends on the situation and person.

Timber Hill is a market maker. Market makers make money by buying from and selling to order flow. Timber Hill owns IB. Market makers are an essential part of markets however you'd never give your money to a market maker who owns a brokerage and can fill your orders. It's like the giving your Mercedes keys to a crack addict, you know something will be missing. It's not a good idea to shit where you sleep.

As for you mouth pieces working for the man. I forgive you. We know if you didn't spew rules and regulations and SEC documents to cover your asses your job of policing the internet and ET to try form peoples minds and opinions would go to some other lowlife wanting $11 bucks an hour.

#46     Jun 29, 2006
  7. def

def Sponsor

Sure, whatever you want to think inspector - regardless of the facts. Perhaps if you spend some time concentrating on your trading as opposed to your conspiracy theories and blaming others for your results, you might have a shot at doing a fraction as well as those of us "policing the internet".

#47     Jun 29, 2006
  8. I CAN'T BELEIVE THE CONSPIRACY SHIT I'M READING HERE....MAYBE I'M JUST A NAIVE KNOWNOTHING....BUT YOU GUYS ARE MAKING ME PARANOID.....SOMEONE PLEASE PUT THE KNOWLEDGE SMACKDOWN ON THESE CLOWNS..

#48     Jun 29, 2006
  9. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Funny. Rare to see Timber Hill on an execution report. Plus IB allows you to route where you want overriding the smart routing feature.

Grow up. :-/

#49     Jun 29, 2006
  10. What hasn't been said about Ideal pro is that (I believe) the fills are not automatic. Every time you send an order the bank that it is routed to can accept or reject the trade.

This can be used to obviously to the detriment of the trader.

I am not saying it is but it is possible.

I would appreciate it if the IB reps can confirm that order fills are not automatic.

#50     Jun 29, 2006