Blackjack - I'm hooked!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by sKaLpZ, Aug 1, 2005.

1. blogtrader

blogtrader Guest

its totally impossible to beat the table without counting cards, you are just experiencing the huge variance that game has

#31     Aug 2, 2005
  2. Wow, that wonderful post was your 1,000 post....What were the odds of that :D

#32     Aug 2, 2005
  3. I dunno, but I'll take the compliment, regardless.

:)

#33     Aug 2, 2005
  4. smallfil

smallfil

You got to play to win. So, I play the lottery. I know that odds wise, I have it very much against me but, if even Jennifer Lopez's mom can win a $1,000,000 progressive slot in Atlantic City then, anything is possible!!!! I even read of an old guy who won on a scratcher $1,000,000 twice on the same scratcher (different years though) but, what are the chances of the same person winning the lottery twice???

#34     Aug 2, 2005
  5. I was at a TAG seminar in Vegas in October 1995. Russell Sands was there and during his presentation he let everyone know they could buy a blackjack manual he had written. Anyways, the night after his presentation he was playing blackjack at the Riviera(if memory serves) and was told to leave after getting up about $10,000.

In my opinion winning at blackjack is the same as winning at trading. Make sure the magnitude of your winners is big enough to cover the magnitude of your losers. In blackjack you bet more when the card count is in your favor. In trading you let your profits run (and pyramid if applicable) and limit your losses.

#35     Aug 2, 2005
  6. I was up to over $17,000. Lost down to $10,000. On a current upswing again... to almost $12,000. Will update later.

I think I am working out a few of the kinks that made me lose so much so rapidly.

Am trying to get my account to $100,000....

Wish me luck. :D

Sam

#36     Aug 2, 2005
  7. skalpz - take up poker.

#37     Aug 2, 2005
  8. You are a great trader and a great card player. I am proud to call you a True Brother...

#38     Aug 2, 2005
  9. OK, I now got $20,0008.

Any of my friends want to come in to the table to quickly verify this, let me know....

pm me.

#39     Aug 2, 2005
  10. thanks, Candy! :D

#40     Aug 2, 2005