blackbox algorithms for interest rate futures

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by TCM, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Lawrence, 5Pillars: May I know whether there is anybody switching from Tradestation, eSignal, Wealth-Lab.. to Neoticker, SmartQuant.. purely for faster execution purpose ?

#11     Jul 2, 2006
  2. www.smartquant.com tied to XTrader is the top of the line operation for automated trading imo.....much better data and order execution speeds.

#12     Jul 3, 2006
  3. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

#13     Jul 3, 2006
  4. Why don't ya trade that bond system and grow rich instead of fooling around like a Jack in a box?

#14     Jul 4, 2006
  5. quality post nononsense. guy discloses a treasury bond system for free, which is more useful than anything you've posted in 4700 tries, and you come out with the personal attacks. good idea. :mad:

#15     Jul 4, 2006
  6. agree, winners have learned not to disclose a system

those who know do, those who don't know teach
    :D

#16     Jul 6, 2006
  7. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=841626#post841626

I second gnome's post, wasted years on that correlation crap

#17     Jul 6, 2006
  8. With limited experience, I would have no problem to concur.

#18     Jul 6, 2006
  9. One of the more useful tick analysis is the detection of size trades at important price levels.

The direction of those trades (buying the offer with size, or selling the bid with size) can provide interesting clues.

Unluckily, for most pit traded instruments, actual size can only be figured out by the locals who see the trades happening.

For electronic contracts, the smaller traders now have a level playing field as size is reported.

#19     Jul 8, 2006
  10. Most users who switch to NeoTicker are looking for specific features in the application. e.g. tick analysis, N-sec bars, etc.

Pure execution speed limit is controlled by the brokerage and the connection, not likely an application side issue.

#20     Jul 8, 2006