Blackberry or IPHONE

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by freewilly, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Understood but I want to be able to look at all the stuff I look at on my normal platform, albeit small but with the ability to zoom in for clarity should be okay?

#31     Dec 30, 2008
  2. Please read my previous post. It won't look like your normal platform, that is why I only close open trades with a mobile device.

Doesn't matter what I say, just go to a store and find out for yourself if you like it or not.

#32     Dec 30, 2008
  3. How do you pick up internet when you are driving or places that do not have Wifi?

#33     Dec 30, 2008
  4. JA_LDP

JA_LDP

sprint, verizon and att have aircards where you can get wireless internet anywhere you can get a cell phone signal. i have used verizon's and sprint and both are extremely reliable and fast. can't speak for att.

#34     Dec 30, 2008
  5. My comment doesn't really have anything to do with trading on a "smartphone", but for whatever its worth, I made a huge mistake by purchasing an I-Phone. The device itself (and software) is fantastic, however, and this is a huge however, the battery life is abysmal. In fact its a downright joke. Yeah, I know, I should have researched the subject better before giving in to all the euphoria. The neatest device and the best software in the world won't do anyone a lick of good if the bloody phone dies after barely 4 hours of use. I got rid of mine for just that reason last week. Ate the $175.00 early termination fee - it was worth it to rid myself of the frustration of reaching into my pocket only to pull out a dead device. The battery is a joke. How they get away with pawning this thing off on the public is beyond me. Oh yeah, I know, idiots like me buy it :)

#35     Dec 30, 2008
  6. Damn, I was just about to eat an Early Termination Fee on my Blackberry to switch to the iPhone. Sorry to hear about your experience - was there any chance at all that the handset or battery was defective? Did they offer you a new one?

If anyone else can post with their experience with the iPhone battery, I'd appreciate it because I haven't heard about this and I have no need for something that is going to die within a few hours.

Sorry about the threadjack...

#36     Dec 30, 2008
  7. You must be doing some heavy use - I get well over a day and that is talking, surfing, texting.

In the recent past they have made improvements (through software updates) to the battery life. But still, 4 hours...that is strange.

I have had my iPhone since March and love it...could never go back to RIMM.

#37     Dec 30, 2008
  8. "Some of my buddies have expressed astonishment that I get approximately thirty-six hours of standby with my iPhone, so I'm sharing my settings. Note: this is my second 3G iPhone--I returned the first one because I was getting only five hours of standby time." - Guy Kawasaki

http://blog.guykawasaki.com/2008/08/the-art-of-ipho.html

#38     Dec 30, 2008
  9. TRS

TRS

Same here. Battery life improves after first few charges. I try to fully deplete battery, or down to last 10% before recharging. Sounds like OP had a bad battery.

#39     Dec 30, 2008
  10. Wow. Thanks for the info. Maybe I did have a bad battery (I did ask about that before I got rid of it and was told the battery was fine, and there was no offer made to replace it). Actually, I'm not that heavy of a user which is why the short battery life really irritated me. Couldn't understand it. Oh well. Live and learn. Too late anyway. The phone is gone. After reading the above comments I did some research and it seems I'm not the only one who has expressed dissatisfaction with the short battery life. It seems that's among the top three complaints of IPhone users, if not THE top complaint.

#40     Dec 31, 2008