Blackberry or IPHONE

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by freewilly, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Using the iphone you can use logmein ignition. It is on the app store for $29.99. I use logmein on my computer and it works great although I haven't tried it yet for the iphone.

Apple also has VNC mocha lite that you can use to remote control your desktop. I do have that but I can only get it to work while I am on my wifi network. Once I go away from my network I can't get it to work.

Eric

#21     Dec 30, 2008
  2. i've used the AT&T tilt (HTC) w/ Logmein.com (free) to remote my desktop/ trading systems from work. works pretty well. seems easier than the built in RDM. You could easily monitor systems, trade live.. limiting factor would be the network connection for the phone imo. 3G vs edge. i have edge and it's slow. connection is less reliable

#22     Dec 30, 2008
  3. Just wondering if anyone with either a BB storm or iPhone and has a TOS account, has tried to use their charting?

#23     Dec 30, 2008
  4. HTC is so superior. Not to mention no one can touch sprint 3G right now. Sprint wins in the bang for the buck as well.

#24     Dec 30, 2008
  5. #25     Dec 30, 2008
  6. #26     Dec 30, 2008
  7. I was able to trade with all my brokers : interactive, tos, etrade

I got the bold because it has a keyboard, I don't know if the iphone is better, I think it is more of a personal preference, both phones are pretty amazing.

#27     Dec 30, 2008
  8. Were you trading through the normal internet interface as on your desk/laptop? Graphs?

#28     Dec 30, 2008
  9. I suggest one of the new "mini" netbooks. Very light, and full XP. Ideal for traveling and remote trading.

#29     Dec 30, 2008
  10. Most brokers have an application for mobile devices.

I use my blackberry ONLY TO CLOSE open trades, never to open new ones.

#30     Dec 30, 2008