BLACKBERRY or 3G IPHONE if u want to trade from a cell phone??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chewbacca, Jun 6, 2008.

1. #11     Jul 11, 2008
  2. So, I see IB now supports BBs AND iPhones AND others. Unfortunately the others is a crappy "mobile trader" platform that does not do anything except very very basic stuff, and is only usable as an emergency position exit. On the other hand the IB site above shows charts, market info, watchlists, etc. for both BB and IP. Is this true, does it work, what are people's experiences with iTWS and TWSforBB? Is it the same as "mobile trader"? If not is there a difference in functionality between the 2 versions?

#12     Jun 24, 2010
  3. The Droid X coming out in July looks interesting as a potential mobile trading device. It has a larger screen (4.3in vs 3.5in on iPhone 4) and Verizon is extending the unlimited data plan for $30/mo to it as well. It will be interesting to see if you can tether the Droid X to another device like they allow with the HTC Droid phone.

http://mobile.venturebeat.com/2010/...oogle-releases-android-2-2-froyo-source-code/

#13     Jun 24, 2010
  4. Yet you'll be stuck with IB's mobile trader and with its absolutely bare bones functionality with any Android based phone. Or will the flash-support in Droid X support IB's webtrader?

#14     Jun 24, 2010
  5. They are saying Flash support later this summer. Not sure about Java support though. I like the bigger screen and the faster processor in Droid and it has gotten pretty good reviews for responsiveness. It has potential but IB's current mobile trading platforms are pathetic in my opinion. Maybe they can redesign something more usable for these phones once they are more mainstream.

#15     Jun 24, 2010
  6. I have traded with a Blackberry and more recently the HTC Droid Incredible, which I assume is similar in functionality and speed to what the iphone 3G will be.

I would go with the iphone over the Blackberry if I were you. The iphone will load web data way faster and can handle streaming information better. There were more than a handful of times that my Blackberry wouldn't load the page I needed to trade on, or bring up quotes in a timly fashion. Never had any of those problems with my Incredible.

#16     Jun 24, 2010