Black vs White (economics)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, May 10, 2011.

1. Ricter

Ricter

Umm, not really man. Of course there are some (worthy) as there will be when dealing with large numbers, but by and large, Nobel prizes are a joke. And overall scientists are a failed group, with their faked global warming data, their Man came from monkeys, their save the whales, their pollution is bad, their oil is peaking, and on and on. They are like any Mankind-hating group you care to look at anywhere on the planet.

#31     May 11, 2011
  2. Yeah, but, they have managed to accomplish a few other things too. Like, discover penicillin, split the atom, create combustion engines, microchip processors, x-rays, satellites, enable open heart surgery, neuro surgery, and stuff like that. So, scientists and the sciences have been critical in our development as a species and civilization. Despite the few faux pas, the sciences have contributed ineffably.

Other things have instead, been far more parasitic to humanity, and contributed very little, while having caused lots of damage and pain.

#32     May 11, 2011
  3. TGregg

TGregg

Exactly. Detroiters are (more-or-less) OK with how their city has turned out. That's why the same folks get reelected every time. Oh sure, they'd all love to live in mansions on streets paved with gold, but the tradeoffs required to improve the place just aren't worth it to them.

Emperor Coleman Alexander Young the First ruled Detroit for a generation and oversaw what us white folks might call a dramatic decline in the city from 1974 to 1993. Yet, he never lost an election. He's now regarded as a demigod (I do not exaggerate) by the locals. All things considered, they are pretty happy with the place.

#33     May 11, 2011
  4. I couldn't agree more. In some way I think it sort of violates their ethnic sovereignty to try to impose our standards upon them. I think THOSE are the real racists. I know what you men about the tradeoffs, and we all have them. For example I'd love to weigh 30 or so pounds more, and bench another 70-90 more. I COULD do that, but it would require so much more time and effort than I already invest in fitness, along with more stringent dieting, etc. But I COULD make it happen.

I do respect black people, as a people, unlike most on the left. I esteem them as individuals and respect them completely, which is to say I don't expect them to be exactly like white people, or to seamlessly fit into an Indo-European society. Sure, some can and will, and good for them. However, the masses will continue to create Afro-Centric civilizations.

One piece I found on an interesting Nietzschean website offered some interesting thoughts: " I don't view that as insulting to African-Americans or any other ethnic group; in fact it's the opposite: the highest respect I can grant to any group is to insist that they have self determination be allowed to do things their own way, since otherwise is to presume that my way is better, and thus to impose it upon them as an "improvement" over what they are. That's crass racism, no matter how much we disguise it as Judeo-Christian liberalism. "

#34     May 11, 2011
  5. loza

loza Guest

??? moon pie ???

#35     May 11, 2011
  6. I don't understand why people don't want to acknowledge there is a possibility that genetics plays a part in intelligence.

Consider this:

"The 2005 study "Natural History of Ashkenazi Intelligence" by Gregory Cochran, Jason Hardy, and Henry Harpending at the University of Utah wrote Ashkenazi Jews are greatly overrepresented in occupations and fields with the high cognitive demands. During the 20th century, they made up about 3% of the US population but won 27% of the US science Nobel Prizes and 25% of the Turing Awards. More than half of the world's chess champions are Ashkenazi Jews. "

http://harpending.humanevo.utah.edu/Documents/ashkiq.webpub.pdf

Seneca

#36     May 11, 2011
  7. Ricter

Ricter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Is–ought_problem

#37     May 11, 2011
  8. #38     May 12, 2011
  9. There are over 400,000 blacks that live in Memphis. (62% black out of nearly 700,000 population) You think that because approximately 1% of them are middle to upper middle class validates your point?

#39     May 12, 2011
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Should "solutions" apply to the 1% as well as the rest?

#40     May 12, 2011